• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dago [it should be"hi! i'm new here" etc...]

hi ev'rybody
    this is my first post in here
    i'd appreciate some [more is better ] crit on my last piece
    the character is Dago from Eura comics, an italian publisher

The background makes it a little harder to read than it has to be. Another spot where I get lost is right in the middle, between all the dudes, it is just sortve a jumble of blackness... Overall the classic triangular composition works well for me, and the mood is great. Keep at it, and welcome to PJ!

~BoS
    PUMMEL LHW: 16 wins | 13 losses | 1 tie | 12 ko's | 0 no shows

DA

Comment

I like the composition as well! The rendering of the cloth is really nice; it acurrately shows the folds and the pen/marker/brush(?) work even gives it a nice texture.
      I've got to agree with Bringer of Storms, though- the background does make the figures kind of hard to see. I think if you had the same care and rendering technique given t the setting as well as the characters, this may have been a bit stronger.
      As it is, though, it IS a fantastic image! Nice work!

Oh, and welcome to Penciljack!
      PUMMEL Light Heavy: PRM Wins: 9 | PRM Losses: 1 |Knockouts: 11 |Street Fights: 4/2 |Months Champion:2
      STATS!

Read Sacred Pie !

Instant Hell Murder Crew, reprazent!

Comment

first of all, many thanks for both the crits/comments!!!

Originally posted by BringerOfStorms View Post
        The background makes it a little harder to read than it has to be. Another spot where I get lost is right in the middle, between all the dudes, it is just sortve a jumble of blackness... Overall the classic triangular composition works well for me, and the mood is great. Keep at it, and welcome to PJ!

~BoS
        Originally posted by sacredbob View Post
        I like the composition as well! The rendering of the cloth is really nice; it acurrately shows the folds and the pen/marker/brush(?) work even gives it a nice texture.
        I've got to agree with Bringer of Storms, though- the background does make the figures kind of hard to see. I think if you had the same care and rendering technique given t the setting as well as the characters, this may have been a bit stronger.
        As it is, though, it IS a fantastic image! Nice work!

Oh, and welcome to Penciljack!

yes, maybe i should have made something more clean in the background or filled it with some shape in silouette mode to render the image easy reading

many thanks again!!!

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X