Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spidey!

gonna ink the ol' webhead tomorrow.

Last edited by Viktor Bogdanovic; 02-11-2012, 08:19 AM.
    Blog
    Deviantart
    Facebook
    Twitter
    Tumblr

COMMISSIONS: [email protected]

Nice work! you may want to consider adding a bit more definition to his left shoulder muscles. It looks a bit ball-ish at the moment. great fist coming forward.

Comment

That's some quality rendering there my friend. Ditto on the above comment about his shoulder. Actually, I would slim down his entire left arm (our right) a bit, it's not quite consistent with the rest of his body. Good work though!
      "I would suggest that it's not the medium, but the quality of perception and expression, that determines the significance of art. But what would a cartoonist know?" - Bill Watterson

Comment

thanks, guys. reworked the arm a bit...

Blog
        Deviantart
        Facebook
        Twitter
        Tumblr

Comment

Very dynamic pose and I like the detail on the webbing. Good call on the shoulder, I think the second one looks a lot better.

Comment

Very nice, love Spidey and you do him justice...great job
            Middle Weight * WINS: 08* LOSSES: 14 * KO: 04 * Months Champion 3 lightweight

http://www.penciljack.com/forum/show...=1#post1384552

Comment

You probably should shade the right leg to be more consistent with the rest of the pic. Something about the left fist, although prefect from an anatomy point of view seems just a little unnatural the way it's positioned. These are only NITPICKS on my behalf, it's a beautiful rendering! A spidey pose that's different from whats normally shown. Very dynamic!
              Available for commissions! PM me. Check out my Deviant art page! http://slyaguilar.deviantart.com/ In a rut? I watch this video.. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OdwEDyBQcCc Instagram @slyaguilar

Comment

Nice work but the anatomy is slightly off. In the shoulder to the right of the page the clavicle bone should extend from the top of the sternum to the acromion process (the little bump where the clavicle and scapula meet). That is where the "V" like shape of the deltoid is, showing the separation of the front and side heads of the muscle group. Also you will notice that it is in more of a teardrop shape, not quite so rounded, and that depending on where your elbow is, is what shape it will be. To make the shape that you have suggested the Shoulder would have to be extended fully forward with the elbow raised above the shoulder. Go ahead and look at it in the mirror, I wait...

...Ok see what I mean?

Ok now your leg on the lower left side of the page. We should see the curving of the quadricep, especially the vastus medialis muscle. It's that teardrop shaped muscle on the inside of the leg.

Overall it is a very nice art piece that is very close to being pro, in my honest opinion.

-Tigs
                "Comics come from the part of us that never grows up."

Comment

@Werner

thank you. i'm happier with the second one too.

@paladis

hey, thanks. he's my favourite character by far.

@slyaguilar

maybe i can rework that hand a bit when i ink the piece.

@tiger

thanks a lot for the analysis. much appreciated.
                  Blog
                  Deviantart
                  Facebook
                  Twitter
                  Tumblr

Comment

Great job. the piece reads so well. I'd love to see what you do with the inks.
                    My Deviant Art Page
                    My Pummel Matches
                    P.U.M.M.E.L. Middle Weight - Stats - Wins 19 - Lose 6 - KO's 16 - Tie 2

Comment

Not crazy about the shadow in the center of the face. It doesn't really seem to be supported by the rest of the piece. To do this kind of thing, I think you need a very strong, specific light source (i.e. backlit) and the piece is more direct sunlight.

Comment

the webbing looks great and i like his pose. i do agree about the shadow in the center of his face. it looks like light is reflecting from the black part around both eyes showing light would be in the center of his face also.
                        "when there's no more room in hell...the dead will walk the earth."

my drawings
                        my crazy music
                        my facebook

Comment

thanks, guys. you're right about the shadow. got rid of it.

here's the inked version...

Last edited by Viktor Bogdanovic; 09-30-2009, 10:10 AM.
                          Blog
                          Deviantart
                          Facebook
                          Twitter
                          Tumblr

Comment

I'm liking it much more now. Looks great! who's your fav spidey artist?

Comment

I really like the details in the webbing. nice pose and forshortening.

That black shadow on his right (our left) leg could probably use some transition feathering. Really that leg could use some solid black areas to indicate the darkness of that part of the costume like you have elsewhere.
                              See my work on Game of Thrones seasons two, three and four blurays
                              DeviantArt

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X