Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Batman kicking ass all over the place

Last edited by lucasnickerson; 09-29-2009, 02:51 AM. Reason: text edit

Ooh me like all the details and the like. However I feel batman is really static in his kicking motion. You could probably move the right leg out further to create more of a swooping movement. Otherwise it's all very cool!

B
    www.hollidayart.com

GET IN TOUCH FOR COMMISSIONS!

Comment

stiffy

Originally posted by bholliday View Post
      Ooh me like all the details and the like. However I feel batman is really static in his kicking motion. You could probably move the right leg out further to create more of a swooping movement. Otherwise it's all very cool!

B
      I agree about the kick. It was something I was struggling with. typically when you thrust kick like this he should be bent father forward. that makes it much more dynamic. I considered moving mr. unconscious out of frame farther or making batman smaller so that I could bend him forward without falling forward with the added weight of mr. unconscious, but opted for a more improvised and spontaneous kick form. it definitely hurt the action of the piece and made him appear stiffer, but I'll just have to apply it next time. thanks for the comment!

Comment

no problem! keep up the good work
        www.hollidayart.com

GET IN TOUCH FOR COMMISSIONS!

Comment

Thanks! anymore C&C, bitte?

Comment

I like the style but I think some tweaks would make it great. The snap kick should be delivered with the ball of his foot not the heel. Personally I feel a side kick delivered with the edge of the foot and with Batman leaning back, would have been a more dynamic action. Also I would not have cropped out the hoodlum on the left, as it appears that these are "Clown" styled minions, but it is difficult to notice that from the one hood in a over the shoulder back shot. Also I can clearly see that they are wearing pants but their shirts are not so apparent. I would also finish the background on the upper right side, and possibly the upper left side if this is an alley way.

As I said it is a good piece but could easily become a great piece of art.

-Tigs
            "Comics come from the part of us that never grows up."

Comment

thank you! I've actually put a bit of background above the clowny guy's shoulder because that was bothering the hell out of me already. The kick is something that will haunt me but I'm ok with it. I wish I would have brought the unconscious clown farther in and on the full bleed you can just see the edge of his mask. It's unfortunately lost here, but the little bit that was drawn in seems a bit too vague so I wasn't bothered letting it go. the shirts are meant to be the black tight turtleneck mime-like shirts that the joker's goons wear in some of the animated series. his kick is a side thrust- it's not quite as tidy as he'd probably throw, but he's going for the blade of the foot- never the ball- but a heel would do fine.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X