Vampire

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by starkoryan81 View Post
    Very nice. My only critique would be that the forehead is maybe a bit small and the head a bit flat.
    r
    Ditto, and This is so beautifully rendered

-Tigs
    "Comics come from the part of us that never grows up."

Comment

Just wanted to say thanks a lot for the comments and critiques on this. There's a few things I would correct and fix up a bit if I ever get a chance to ink it.

Fun thing about the PUMMEL competition is I go from drawing this one month, to drawing GI Joe the next.
      See my work on Game of Thrones seasons two, three and four blurays
      DeviantArt

Comment

The face looks good. Sweet details in the background. Though he would've looked creepier if his teeth were more jacked up but that's your preference.
        The hands need work though.
        Drew this up for you, hope you don't mind.
        Pretty rough, but hope you get the idea.
        my comic
        Sketchbook
        blog
        patreon

Comment

Just wanted you to know that I think this is an awesome piece for many reasons. You continue to be one of my favorite pencilers.
          Art Blog-Website-EDEN-
          Twitter

Comment

I'm in favor of the small forehead, different ppl have different features and that gives him personality. Unless of course this is someone specific that I've failed to recognize. Good stuff!!!

Comment

Originally posted by mansloth View Post
              he looks like he's about to sneeze.
              ah CHOO! sumwun ged me a disshoo pleez
              DON'T CLICK
              http://nickguy0320.deviantart.com/
              http://www.penciljack.com/forum/show...php?71084-Doom
              I miss when we all drew like Joe MAD and argued about the Matrix

Comment

I'm sorry Dave, but this portrait of Edward Cullen isn't what I'd call a success.

(it's sweet bro.)
                PUMMEL Heavyweight - W8 (KO5) - L7

Comment

i think you lost alot of points around the mouth area, especially the teeth.

Comment

Detailed and awesome for it. Another homerun, D.

Comment

It's like a mixture of Bryan Hitch and Dale Keown. It's really great! And, I'm not to sure about the Bryan Hitch theory because I rarely see his work. But you put in the effort on this one and it really shows. Very nice to look at!
                      I am he as you are he as you are me and we are all together.

Comment

I agree on the comments about the forehead, but the wrinkle details around the eyes are fantastic.

Comment

I am posting this comment to get this one back to the top of the stack. lol

This is too cool to fall down the list. Great job!

I'm curious to see how you would ink this.
                          [email protected]

Instagram
                          http://instagram.com/shannon_hall_art#

DA
                          http://shameous.deviantart.com/gallery/

Comment

Thanks guys! Appreciate the critiques and compliments!

Thebigone, Thanks! Hitch isn't really a big influence although we probably go for the same things and I do respect what he does a lot. I love detail and definitely have a realistic take on things. Keown is definitely one of the artists that I look up to and admire as one of my influences. I appreciate the comparisons!

A lot of people have commented on the forehead. I definitely exaggerated and played with proportions with a specific intent. I did certain things as an attempt to make him look more monstrous. Including the squatty forehead and large nose.

Hardcore, I'd probably work on the rendering of the hands a bit. I see what you're saying with your paint over, but I was going for more emotion with the clenching of the fingers. I definitely think the hands could be a tad larger and that they could be rendered a bit more refined. I also could have paid more attention to the blood, and rendered and contoured it to the shape of the hands better. But I don't think I would change the positioning or posture of the fingers.

Thanks for the bump shannonh. Inking this would definitely be a test of will. I'd probably take an approach similar to Andy Brase for this. Except I'd mix brush inking in with the tech pens.
                            See my work on Game of Thrones seasons two, three and four blurays
                            DeviantArt

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X