Ghostbusters Girl

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ghostbusters Girl

A recent commission. I was asked to do a modern take on the Ghostbusters using a hot girl character (a pretty awesome idea in my book).

Pencils were done on A4 size Bristol board & colours were done on PS7.

Here's a link to the pencil version ----> Ghostbusters Pencils

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    *shameless plug*
    If you’re interested in a commission please contact me at [email protected]
    Deviantart site --->
    DEVIANTART SITE
    wEB-hEAD-dEVIANTaRT
    Commissions

Very cool work. Its a good idea sicne there is lots talk about a new ghostbuster movie
    theGOBLIN
    DeviantArt Page

Comment

So, is that Venkman, Statnz, or Spengler?
      - Website | Flying Fortress | Deviant -

"It's not our attempt to do one perfect drawing that enables us to improve. It's by doing many drawings, and learning from our mistakes." - Joe Kubert

Comment

Her arms look a bit on the thin side, but the rest is a-ok, very Turner like.

Comment

Howdy, Web-Head!

For the most part, I really like this illustration. I like the girl and the sort of Colonial Marine style version of the Dematerializer and Ghostpack, and the coloring is pretty nice too!

I do have a few crits to offer you though, that I hope you'll find helpful.

Her arms really are too thin. Her right arm looks borderline anorexic. It would be a better drawing if that arm was a little beefier.

You did such a great job defining the drapery of her skirt, getting the details right, but it looks like you didn't spend two seconds figuring out wrinkles on her shirt and shirt sleeve. What you did with the colors helps a little, but it's just not enough to make her shirt convincing. This is one of those places where a little extra time and effort on your part would have greatly improved the drawing.

She has a very strong chin and jawline for a female. Trimming those back a bit would add to a little something more to her feminine beauty.

Ugh. That ear is pretty terrible. This is another area of the drawing that could be better. Adding all those earrings to the ear draws the viewer's attention, so you should take the time to draw a decent ear. This tutorial I created years ago might prove of use to you:
          http://www.lostonwallace.com/ear.jpg

My least favorite part of your drawing is the cropping of the legs just above the knee. This is poor design on your part. Try to avoiding cropping limbs at or near the joints if at all possible. It would have been better to drawn the entire figure, naturally, but if you have to crop the legs, mid-thigh would have been a better choice.

My favorite parts of your drawing have to be your re-invisioning of the Ghostbuster equipment, and the color execution. Those things really add a lot to the drawing. Despite my crits, I think the drawing comes out on the side of being successful because of the strengths of your overall execution.

Good to see you posting again, and thanks for sharing this commission. I love the Ghostbusters, and I'm sure your client was very happy with the work you've done here.

Take care,
          Loston
          http://www.lostonwallace.com
          http://lostonwallace.deviantart.com

I HAVE A NEW WEBSITE NOW!! FINALLY!! SHOW ME SOME LOVE, & CHECK IT OUT:
          http://www.lostonwallace.com

Comment

i like it, but why does she have a pistol? shes almost, ALMOST, as hot as the Esurance girl.

Comment

I thought about that too ntat, but who's to say it shoots bullets, perhaps it shoots electro-pulses or something non-ghost friendly.

Comment

Firstly, apologies for the late reply!

Many thanks for the comments to all, particularly the anatomy issues.... very helpful! I have a bit of a habit of not spotting these things till after a piece is finished. As soon as I looked at the final version I could see the right arm was too long and thin (damn it!) something to try and improve on for sure!

Thanks for your comments, Loston.... I’ve always been able to rely on you for detailed constructive crits and they’re extremely helpful!! Particularly the ear tutorial, I think that’s something a lot of the ‘how to draw comic characters’ books lack.

Oh, and cheers for the heads up on the new Ghostbusters movie, TheGoblin....awesome!!

Thanks again all, will post again soon

WH
                wEB-hEAD-dEVIANTaRT
                Commissions

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                Working...
                X