X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brock Color Pencil Study

Here is a portrait of my boyfriend Brock
    Comments please!

This was done with colored pencil and marker for the background. It was drawn freehand without a grid or projection.
    Last edited by DemonRouge76; 06-09-2008, 12:27 AM.

Is this photo referenced? The drawing is good , hard to critique because we dont know what he reall looks like.

It looks really good. His shoulders should come out some.
    My Deviant Page

Comment

Thank you ^_^ I posted a photo now, so that should make things better.

Comment

It's a good pic. It not only looks like your boy, but you managed to capture whatever emotion he's emulating in the picture. (I'm being vague because I don't know, coy? frightened? eh) And I really like the colors you did. Kind of adds a little magic spice in there.

I might suggest working on hair a bit more since that's really the only element that's wholly flat and almost lifeless.

Otherwise, he better be happy with this picture or he's not worth it. Or something...good job!
        Is túisce deoch ná scéal.

Tha's my comics
        Love Letters
        Go ahead, sign it, you know what you want to...

Comment

very spot on. good push pull relationship with the colors

Comment

It's pretty good from reference. Just be mindful in future of eye placement. It happens a lot because of our intuitive need to balance eyes out on a page. Heck, I still do it.

Check the angles of his lips, nose and jaw to compare to and you will see what I mean. A little more pinkish hues on the lighter parts of his face and neck will work nicely to offset the abundance of green.

Other than that, good job.

Comment

good likeness, cool choice of colors. i think the hair could have been rendered a little tighter, but still pretty sweet overall.
              www.myspace.com/b_askew

Comment

Thanks for the suggestions and for saying it looks good I see the mistake I did with the eyes..I never noticed that before, now I'll keep that in mind. Also, I see the dullness in his hair...I'll try and fix it.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                Working...
                X