X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wo-Nellie
    replied
    The artwork is looking tighter John.
    Is this what became of the Champion idea you had when you were posting as johnthesilver?

Leave a comment:

• cbikle
    replied
    Which one is the villain ?

Just kidding, I like 'em both; Rift looks sort of looks like Kyle Rayner and he kind of looks like a douchebag (I know he's the hero).

If you use Rift in a comic, I think you should give him a dick-ish personality.

Razorback looks like a gangsta-mutant or gangsta-mutant-pirate.

Leave a comment:

• ManofSilver81
    replied
    Originally posted by Beastie View Post
    I like the design of the first guy. He looks like a kind of Green Lantern / Northstar amalgam.

One thing I notice about that firt pic is that you've created a tangent between the thumb/finger of his fist and the lower line of his shoulder pad. You should avoid doing that wherever possible.

The 2nd character looks interesting - but your colours are highly saturated - making it hard to see your inked lines and detail. Because of that - he ends up looking a bit like a shapeless brown blob. His head disappears into his shoulders/arms. You could fix that by adding more highlights and shadows in your colours.

Hope that helps.
    Hey thank you very much for taking the time to critique my drawings. I appreciate all that you have said and am now making notes about that for furtur reference.

The 2nd character I did have some trouble with, as you stated. Sadly I do tend to make the colors a little bright, so I do need to work on that. I keep telling myself to mute that, but I tend to forget when I get into the middle of a project I'm eager to finish. As for the shading to separate his head from body, again, you caught something I completely missed until now. I will go back and edit that.

Thank you so much! Especially for the nice comment about Rift's design. I honesting did have a Green Lantern motiff in mind. =)

Leave a comment:

• Beastie
    replied
    I like the design of the first guy. He looks like a kind of Green Lantern / Northstar amalgam.

One thing I notice about that firt pic is that you've created a tangent between the thumb/finger of his fist and the lower line of his shoulder pad. You should avoid doing that wherever possible.

The 2nd character looks interesting - but your colours are highly saturated - making it hard to see your inked lines and detail. Because of that - he ends up looking a bit like a shapeless brown blob. His head disappears into his shoulders/arms. You could fix that by adding more highlights and shadows in your colours.

Hope that helps.

Leave a comment:

• ManofSilver81
    started a topic New Superhero and Villain

New Superhero and Villain

Hey all! Been awhile since I posted here, but then again, I haven't drawn anything in awhile. Anyways, I worked on a couple of pieces and just wanted to get some critics and suggestions on them. Thanks!

Rift v. 2009:

Razorback:

Thanks again for taking the time to look! =D

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
Working...
X