X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• lucasnickerson
    replied
    Originally posted by PencilVillian View Post
    I have to disagree with that. A lot of people think that the legs and arms lock out perfectly straight when in fact they over extend slightly (more or less depending on flexibility) in a curved shape. Add to that we're dealing with comic book drawings that need to be pushed slightly for energy and impact.

The only thing that sticks out to me currently is his left hand still. The palm should be wide open with the thumb stretched out and then his middle "sausage finger" would also stretch back and foreshorten a little.

Great piece! NC is always fun to draw, even more so than Spidey IMO.
    knees and elbows can hyper-extend, but not ankles. I do agree that you have a point about exaggeration for the sake of design. I've seen heels pushed fars down, but never past the ankle.

Leave a comment:

• Pifalo
    replied
    Razz007- I agree, I have been working so much on the character drawings that I haven't been drawing enough backgrounds. Soon to change I assure you.

Thanks again everyone for commenting, its been a real help.

Leave a comment:

• jujigatame
    replied
    Love the pose...great job!

Leave a comment:

• PencilVillian
    replied
    Originally posted by lucasnickerson View Post
    The foot that is in the highest position is funny. I think it's the heel. It should rest behind the leg.
    I have to disagree with that. A lot of people think that the legs and arms lock out perfectly straight when in fact they over extend slightly (more or less depending on flexibility) in a curved shape. Add to that we're dealing with comic book drawings that need to be pushed slightly for energy and impact.

The only thing that sticks out to me currently is his left hand still. The palm should be wide open with the thumb stretched out and then his middle "sausage finger" would also stretch back and foreshorten a little.

Great piece! NC is always fun to draw, even more so than Spidey IMO.

Leave a comment:

• lucasnickerson
    replied
    The foot that is in the highest position is funny. I think it's the heel. It should rest behind the leg.

Leave a comment:

• razz007
    replied
    You have a real good grasp of the human form and great energy in you drawings. The only thing lacking is the lack of environment. I'd love to see some context to the characters. Where they are at, how is the environment affecting them and how are they affecting the environment. Great illustrations but they are still figures just floating in space. (at least thats what I get after browsing your Deviantart gallery)

Leave a comment:

• razz007
    replied
    nice. Love the line quality, energy of the image. Top notch man.

Leave a comment:

• hadesillustrations
    replied
    SO much better! Well done!

Leave a comment:

• Pifalo
    replied
    Thanks for the comments guys, and yeah, I think it looks better with the hands open too.

Leave a comment:

• Spooko
    replied
    Excellent! Very eye catching.

Leave a comment:

• returncamelot
    replied
    I like the rendering.

B)

Leave a comment:

• thEbrEEze
    replied
    Wow what a difference opening the hands made! i really dig the pics. very dynamic!

Leave a comment:

• Pifalo
    replied
    Okay, I updated the drawing to reflect some of you guys crits. Thanks so much for the help

Leave a comment:

• Pifalo
    replied
    Holy crap, I didnt even notice the thumb on the right hand is on the wrong side! Haha.

As far as the forward arm goes, I think I will flip that hand around so that the arm makes sense.

Thanks for the crits guys.

Leave a comment:

• angeltread
    replied
    damn you dbovey for beating me..
    also nice catch on the thumb on the wrong side. i missed it.

Leave a comment:

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
Working...
X