Nightcrawler

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nightcrawler

This character lends itself to some fun poses.
    http://pifalo.deviantart.com/

my only crit is the hands mate. I love the pose, the clean lines and the variety of weights.

id like to see it with open hands as i think it would suit the pose better.

Comment

Nice energy!

I think you have two major anatomical errors happening though, both having to do with the hand positions.

For example. We should be seeing the palm side of the hand instead of the back of it on that arm closest to us. The positioning of the bicep and the forearms dictate it. If you have the top side of the hand showing, the bicep would be pointed downward, and we would be seeing more of the topside of the forearm (We wouldn't be seeing the elbow at all).

You've also got the thumb on the wrong side on his right hand (hand furthest from us).

Fix those two things and you'd have a winner!
      Last edited by dfbovey; 08-22-2009, 03:10 PM.
      See my work on Game of Thrones seasons two, three and four blurays
      DeviantArt

Comment

looks good, nice clean lines

my crits is the arm in the front... its all kinds of f'd up...

you rotate your forearm that much then you wouldn't see the inside of the arm where the bicep is... you'd see the top of the bicep pretty much upside down (facing down)...
        to prove my point.
        put your arm straight out perpendicular to your body (like he has) keep your fist with fingers facing the front of your body. note your you bicep stands straight up and you see the inside of your arm... now rotate your forarm down and around so that the fingers of your fist are now facing behind you... your bicep rotated with it and now faces toward your front and down.

to fix this youd need to rework the whole shoulder and upper arm... but a easier solution would be just rotate the forearm so that were looking at the fist fingers forward.
        My deviantART
        My Art Blog
        My Comic Reviewing Blog
        My Inking and Lettering Portfolio Website

Comment

damn you dbovey for beating me..
          also nice catch on the thumb on the wrong side. i missed it.
          My deviantART
          My Art Blog
          My Comic Reviewing Blog
          My Inking and Lettering Portfolio Website

Comment

Holy crap, I didnt even notice the thumb on the right hand is on the wrong side! Haha.

As far as the forward arm goes, I think I will flip that hand around so that the arm makes sense.

Thanks for the crits guys.

Comment

Okay, I updated the drawing to reflect some of you guys crits. Thanks so much for the help

Comment

Wow what a difference opening the hands made! i really dig the pics. very dynamic!
                evErywhErE I walk...thErE's a brEEze..
                My Graphic Novel: VILLAIN
                My Store: The Art of 2B
                deviantART
                Art Blog
                PUMMEL stats: wins 22 | losses 16 | KOs 4

Comment

I like the rendering.

B)
                  Sweattshop comic Book Art
                  Green Lantern - Finish <o>

Comment

Excellent! Very eye catching.
                    Holla

Comment

Thanks for the comments guys, and yeah, I think it looks better with the hands open too.

Comment

SO much better! Well done!
                        Cheers, Alex

Comment

nice. Love the line quality, energy of the image. Top notch man.
                          www.razcitystudios.com
                          Buy your Raz Aggressive apparel and paraphernalia here.

Comment

You have a real good grasp of the human form and great energy in you drawings. The only thing lacking is the lack of environment. I'd love to see some context to the characters. Where they are at, how is the environment affecting them and how are they affecting the environment. Great illustrations but they are still figures just floating in space. (at least thats what I get after browsing your Deviantart gallery)
                            www.razcitystudios.com
                            Buy your Raz Aggressive apparel and paraphernalia here.

Comment

The foot that is in the highest position is funny. I think it's the heel. It should rest behind the leg.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X