• Show
Clear All

• spidey on the wall

My deviantART
    My Art Blog
    My Comic Reviewing Blog
    My Inking and Lettering Portfolio Website

Originally posted by biswas
    Spider-Man's creators gave him the ability to cling to walls, shoot spider-webs using devices of his own invention which he called "web-shooters," and react to danger quickly with his "spider-sense," enabling him to combat his many foes, including Doctor Octopus, the Sandman, the Lizard, the Green Goblin, Venom and many others
    pider-Man is often referred to as "Spidey," "web-slinger," "wall-crawler," or "web-head."
    Thanks Captain obvious....

great work man, I like how spidey resembles ditko's earlier work
    Check out my deviantart guys

http://balla-bdog.deviantart.com/

I also do coloring commisions so feel free to pm me if you need some done

Comment

Love the parallax on the brick wall. Great inking too. How large is this?

And biswas, I do believe that you're a troll/bot...
      Last edited by Anubis2kx; 08-19-2009, 05:37 PM.
      I don't bother making points, because there is no point.

My webcomic| Redux Deluxe

Comment

^^ haha, I think that "biswas" is a bot trying to get you to click on the link encased in its message so it can penetrate your computer with a virus....don't do it fellas!

Nice job AT! I like the backgrounds almost as much as Spidey!
        Bat Hilliard
        www.bathilliard.blogspot.com
        http://bathill8.deviantart.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Bathill8 View Post
          ^^ haha, I think that "biswas" is a bot trying to penetrate your computer!
          O.Otencharacters
          DON'T CLICK
          http://nickguy0320.deviantart.com/
          http://www.penciljack.com/forum/show...php?71084-Doom
          I miss when we all drew like Joe MAD and argued about the Matrix

Comment

I think this is the best work i have seen from you so far!
            My Deviant Page

Comment

Originally posted by Anubis2kx View Post
              Love the parallax on the brick wall. Great inking too. How large is this?

And biswas, I do believe that you're a troll/bot...
              thanks mate...
              the pencils are are on a normal 11x17 comic bristol board.
              the inking is done at the same size digitally at 600dpi through manga studio 4ex

tand thanks to everyone else for he kind words
              My deviantART
              My Art Blog
              My Comic Reviewing Blog

Comment

Just curious...what kind of scanner do most of you use to get 11x17 scans in?
                I have yet to come across anything affordable that can do that size scans...or are you using digital cameras?
                success is not the absence of failure, but the overcoming of it
                All-Time THUNDERBRAWL CHAMP
                HW|Record:24-3|KOs:15|3-timeLHWchamp|3-timeMWchamp
                STATS
                STOCKPILE

Comment

Originally posted by ekotek View Post
                  Just curious...what kind of scanner do most of you use to get 11x17 scans in?
                  I have yet to come across anything affordable that can do that size scans...or are you using digital cameras?
                  i use a mustek A3 scanner. I got it on amazon for $160. its probably not the best ever but it definitely does the job. there has been several threads on the subject in the tips forum im pretty sure... there is a current thread in the tips forum about a 11x17 printer and scanner that seems to be decent that goes for like $200-300
                  My deviantART
                  My Art Blog
                  My Comic Reviewing Blog

Comment

This looks awesome. Great job!

Comment

Originally posted by angeltread View Post
                      i use a mustek A3 scanner. I got it on amazon for $160. its probably not the best ever but it definitely does the job. there has been several threads on the subject in the tips forum im pretty sure... there is a current thread in the tips forum about a 11x17 printer and scanner that seems to be decent that goes for like $200-300
                      Excellent! Thanks!
                      success is not the absence of failure, but the overcoming of it
                      All-Time THUNDERBRAWL CHAMP
                      HW|Record:24-3|KOs:15|3-timeLHWchamp|3-timeMWchamp
                      STATS
                      STOCKPILE

Comment

Fan-freaking-tastic!

B)
                        Sweattshop comic Book Art
                        Green Lantern - Finish <o>

Comment

It is some of your best work, angel. I really like the Ditko feel of the costuming for sure. Please allow me to make a comment or two though.

I'm not sure why you chose to reverse the webbing on Spidey's mask as you've done here. Ditko did that a couple times in his run by accident, but for the most part, the webbing on the mask runs the opposite way, following the same direction you've indicated on the rest of the costume like this:

Again, your decision to reverse the flow of the webbing might have been a stylistic choice, but it does seem off-model and strange to me. I recognize that some artists just like to bend the rules on costuming, etc, but you want to be careful about that if you ever decide to produce art for a portfolio, etc. Editors won't have the benefit of knowing what your intentions were when you set down to draw such an illustration. They're just going to look at a drawing like this and think, "Hmm--the mask is wrong." Just be careful about such matters when and if the time comes to show your work.

Another thing I wanted to mention was that your buildings. I think your perspective is very good here, but the buildings themselves seem very generic and lack credibility. It's just a good idea to find some reference to help you give your buildings some character and architectural credibility. That goes a long way to making your city more convincing and more believable. Adding in some distinctive architectural features each building like a few chimneys, water towers, arching windows, awnings, hanging flagpoles, billboards, overhanging lights, and even adding some gargoyles and an overhanging ledge would help. Little things can really jazz up a city environment without having to resort to going crazy with reference.

Be careful with the digital inking. Don't overdo the feathering on the black parts of Spidey's costume. Too much of that can be distracting. Be sure to keep the feathering uniform and avoid too much wobble in the line. The feathering an the area of the thighs closest to Spidey's knees could be much neater than it is.

I like that you had the guts not to put a halo around Spidey's neck, allowing the shadow on his chin to blend in with the shadows on the building in the background. I think you kind of chickened out though where the top edges of the building layers are concerned though. You really don't need to highlight those things, IMO. It's honestly a tad distracting, visually speaking. Spidey needs to be the focus, so it's best to just keep things simple. Any depth you'd be losing on the side of the building in the background as a result of filling the entire side of the building in as a solid black would be very miniscule. You're not gaining a lot by including those edges, and the distraction they cause might actual be more harmful than good. My opinion anyway. When in doubt, keep things simple. It's a good rule of thumb to adhere to.

My comments, though lengthy are about small things in the grand scheme of things. This is certainly one of your best works to date, and shows your recent growth as an artist. I hope my comments will help you here, and I wish you all the best on your artistic journey, man. I feel like you're about to hit a growth spurt in your artwork, so now's the time to take advice, work on anatomy and your overall execution. Focus on getting to the next level of drawing. You'll always have my support, amigo.

Loston
                          http://www.lostonwallace.com
                          http://lostonwallace.deviantart.com

I HAVE A NEW WEBSITE NOW!! FINALLY!! SHOW ME SOME LOVE, & CHECK IT OUT:

Comment

thanks for the in depth advise. i appreciate it.
                            My deviantART
                            My Art Blog
                            My Comic Reviewing Blog

Comment

Originally posted by angeltread View Post
                              thanks for the in depth advise. i appreciate it.
                              You're welcome, angel. Keep working hard, man!
                              http://lostonwallace.deviantart.com

I HAVE A NEW WEBSITE NOW!! FINALLY!! SHOW ME SOME LOVE, & CHECK IT OUT:

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X