My superteam Entry

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My superteam Entry

Made this for the contest. Let me know what you guys think.

Last edited by alfred183; 07-23-2009, 09:35 PM. Reason: Updated!
    Art Blog |
    alfredtrujillo.com |

done up pretty nice, but who are they?.... oops I apologize, just saw the superteam thread

Comment

Haha, I knew I should have drawn the X-Men!! :P
      Art Blog |
      alfredtrujillo.com |

Comment

Hey great work dude ! Sweet piece, good luck with the draw off ! Keep up the good work.
        my deviantart page

Comment

Well, they certainly look interesting, although I would like to hear a bit about their characters and abilities.
          Freelance Writer, Letterer, Nincompoop

Comment

nice layout and composition...this makes an excellent cover...even better than the cover i saw you were working on previously!
            http://www.krisdiaz.deviantart.com/

pummel heavyweight W-16 L-18 ko-11

Comment

They are instantly relatable. Good design job here. I love the costumes.
              Is túisce deoch ná scéal.

Tha's my comics
              Love Letters
              Go ahead, sign it, you know what you want to...

Comment

I agree with everybodys comments but I'd watch out for faces and hair, which seem to be the only glaring problem in this piece. Remember that whenever a problem strikes, no matter how small, attack it and destroy it. In other words do some head studies and hone your skills and craft even farther.

Great stuff man,

sadman2000
                Sorry, no time to talk. I'm busy drawing my books and stories! ;P

dA:

sadman2000.deviantart.com

My Blog:

http://www.penciljack.com/forum/show...?t=71674<br />

Comment

Looks like you enjoyed drawing it. That's the most important thing. Just keep having fun and as a result your work will naturally improve anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by TropicalPencil View Post
                    Hey great work dude ! Sweet piece, good luck with the draw off ! Keep up the good work.

Thanks a lot, Tropical!

Originally posted by Tecknic View Post
                    Well, they certainly look interesting, although I would like to hear a bit about their characters and abilities.
                    Tecknic, I'm thinking of making a character sheet for each of the characters. For now, from left to right:

Jennifer Bliss (Code: Dark Scythe) - Jennifer is a telekinetic and a telepath. Her telekinesis is constant field that can reach far and near objects. By contrast, her telepathy only works with direct contact but she is hessitant to use that invasive and unfiltered ability. She's an orphan and her only living relative, her sister, wants to kill her. Jennifer is very carefree and funny. All the killing she had to do as a soldier hasn't made her spirit black.

Samantha Chase (Code: Wave) - Samantha's power is wave manipulation. It is an all-encompassing uncontrollable force capable or ripping apart anything and everything it encounters. The bad guys seek to capture her take control of said power. Samantha has lived out on the streets since the incident that caused her parents to die. She doesn't like to use her power as people end up dead when she does.

Ian Turner (Code: Black Star) - Ian is also a telekinetic. His power is limited to objects within a radius immediately around him. He is very strong and has a lot of control of his power. His only flaw is that he has a taste for killing. He will do anything to stop the enemy. He and Jennifer are very good friends and he strives to be a good person for her sake. He reluctactly leads as he has the most military experience and is the best at detaching himself from the situation.

Kevin Lowe (Code: Powerline) - Kevin's ability is electrical manipulation. He can control electricity in everything and can build up and discharge electricity in his own body. He is the most unfunny funny guy. His only goal is to protect Samantha even though he'd just as soon make fun of her. He has no loyalty to anyone and is a complete wildcard. Aside from being a suicidal d-bag, he's not too bad.

Originally posted by KrisDiaz View Post
                    nice layout and composition...this makes an excellent cover...even better than the cover i saw you were working on previously!
                    Thanks Kris! I might use this as a cover for a later issue.

Originally posted by misfitX View Post
                    They are instantly relatable. Good design job here. I love the costumes.
                    Thanks a lot misfitX. I've had these characters in mind for over a decade and it's getting easy to have their personalities show through. I'm very glad that someone likes the costumes

Originally posted by sadman2000 View Post
                    I agree with everybodys comments but I'd watch out for faces and hair, which seem to be the only glaring problem in this piece. Remember that whenever a problem strikes, no matter how small, attack it and destroy it. In other words do some head studies and hone your skills and craft even farther.

Great stuff man,

sadman2000
                    Thanks for the critique, sadman. I will concentrate on faces and hair for a little while. This totally helps. Thanks for being honest with me.

Originally posted by CrazyDiamond View Post
                    Looks like you enjoyed drawing it. That's the most important thing. Just keep having fun and as a result your work will naturally improve anyway.
                    CrazyDiamond, I definitely enjoyed drawing it! I think this is...maybe my best drawing yet. I'm going to lightbox it onto bristol and see if it turns out better. You're right, since I started drawing 4+ hours a day I've felt myself improve to where I will look at stuff I did a week earlier and be able to do it much better. Hope that continues!

Anyway, longest reply ever? Maybe. I really love having you guys around to critique my art and motivate me. You all rule. Thanks.

Oh, if you guys wouldn't mind checking my blog thread and ripping all that stuff apart, I would be forever in your debt.
                    Art Blog |
                    alfredtrujillo.com |

Comment

A year later...I just redrew this. Don't know if I should have started a new thread but here it is:

Please critique as harshly as possible. Thanks!
                      Art Blog |
                      alfredtrujillo.com |

Comment

Man I was talking to Slam earlier and I said you were a clear cut lightweight, and now I can't stop slapping myself. I think I'm developing a condition.

Great work.
                        Sign your rep, What's a' matter Mcfly
                        ...CHICKEN!?

MY COMIC!

http://t-k-.deviantart.com/

Comment

Really?? I was thinking to myself on my way home "...now how can I sucker TK or slam into coloring this for me??" lol
                          Art Blog |
                          alfredtrujillo.com |

Comment

I like the warped perspective. Very clean lines too. It works very well!

There are some issues with some of the hands. The guy's left hand in the middle for example is huge for example. I also wish that you had more room on the page to draw further down to extend the composition. I feel the same guy's legs are cropped awkwardly.

Originally posted by Telekinetic Ketchup View Post
                            Man I was talking to Slam earlier and I said you were a clear cut lightweight, and now I can't stop slapping myself. I think I'm developing a condition.

Great work.
                            I hope you were saying it as a joke. IMO, Alfred is one of the best Middleweights. And I expect him to rise up the ranks quickly.
                            See my work on Game of Thrones seasons two, three and four blurays
                            DeviantArt

Comment

Originally posted by alfred183 View Post
                              Really?? I was thinking to myself on my way home "...now how can I sucker TK or slam into coloring this for me??" lol
                              just gotta ask, whichever one is your favorite I'm sure Slam'd do it he's a real nice son of a bitch. And I'm quite sure I'd do it aswell I'm a nice guy deep down (probably)
                              Sign your rep, What's a' matter Mcfly
                              ...CHICKEN!?

MY COMIC!

http://t-k-.deviantart.com/

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X