Mercy Sparx

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mercy Sparx

So it's been forever since I have posted. Been busy with the regular job during the day an comics at night. Here is something I did a while back that should be coming out in August I think. Also if you heard all of the Barack the Barbarian nonsense. I did a cover for all of those as well. Funny stuff. Anyhow, I am sure there are plenty of things wrong because there always are, but at some point you have to say eff it and try and get work right? Also check out the new website. I just redid it a couple of weeks ago.
    http://www.joelherrera.com
    Heavyweight, 1-0

Sweet! Nice cover Joel.
    Website
    DeviantArt

Comment

Yeah, amazing work. I love the tattoos on her. Very nice contrast.

Comment

Don't know the char but I've seen her somewhere
        sweet pic, danger~!!

Wish that was dynamite behind her
        love the boots, jeans, tats and expression
        not so much the left boob, looks off to me but I haven't seen boobs in a while
        nice pic tho
        ART BLOG
        DEVIANT ART

Comment

This is absolutely sick! Really nice work. If you wanted you could do something to add shadow to top of right shoulder and position of right breast... but as you mentioned, sometimes you have to say 'when'

Comment

Wow, that's beautiful! I dnot really have any crits....So....Good job!
            Clarice Starling: If you didn't kill him, then who did, sir?

Hannibal Lecter: Who can say. Best thing for him, really. His therapy was going nowhere.

Comment

Although I agree with the others that the picture looks good so far, I have to disagree with the no crits part. Her breasts are way off. They look like they are glued to her chest. I suggest you look up reference, that might be very helpful. =)

Also, I am not sure if that's the character or your interpretation of it - the tattoos. I love the design of them and the contrast, but the contrast might be a liiiittle to high. They look like they are not actually on her skin, rather just floating a millimeter above it.

On the upside, I love the jeans, very well done. Her facial expression is wonderfully captured, the eyes really make this picture stand out. Good job!

Comment

This looks ace. Agree with Benedicte on the breasts. Some blending on the upper part, so they run into her chest more, would help.
                Check out the Vanguard web comic site.
                and here on Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by Benedicte View Post
                  Her breasts are way off. They look like they are glued to her chest.
                  They ARE unusual, but I've seen 'fake' boobs that look pretty much like that.

Originally posted by Benedicte View Post
                  .... - the tattoos. I love the design of them and the contrast, but the contrast might be a liiiittle to high. They look like they are not actually on her skin, rather just floating a millimeter above it.
                  Yeah, I've got to agree with this. I think it's because they don't seem to be subject to the same shading as the red skin of her arm.

Its a wonderfully atmospheric piece overall though - and I love the colour choices
                  Successful kickstarter UPDATE PAGE

Comment

I just saw this cover in Previews. Congrats, Joel.
                    Money can't buy you happiness, but it will pay for the search.

Comment

Thanks folks. I will as always continue to get better at this. In the meantime if you didn't know the deadlines on the projects are ridiculous sometimes. I have had to do most of my covers in a day! It's been exhausting... hopefully it's not always like that, but it has been fun
                      Heavyweight, 1-0

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X