• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ironman

Drew this for Ironman draw off. Give me crits

[IMG][/IMG]

Awesome pic here Deth

If I have one critique ... well I think his near leg is a little stumped from the calf down ... IMO. It just looks a little short to me.
    "The next time I let Superman take charge, just hit me REAL hard" -Batman
    http://www.penciljack.com/forum/showthread.php?t=80062
    The only person I need to out draw is myself!

Comment

I think the bottom half of his bent leg looks a bit strange, but other then that it looks sweet. I like the detail/shading and pose.
      - ssjtom circa 1987.

Comment

Overall it's a great pic but looks like you dropped the ball on the legs. His right leg wouldn't look so short if it was angled properly with his knee. It's bent awkwardly from the knee down so the foreshortening doesn't work too well.

The left leg looks alright but even with the foreshortening the calf meets the back of the thigh a bit too high. It looks as though he doesn't have a knee.

Lastly, his left forearm doesn't join properly to his upper arm. Not too sure how to describe it but it just doesn't look right. I think it's how you drew the armor of his forearm. It doesn't show a join to his upper arm so it makes it look as though it's two separate pieces.

Otherwise the rendering is great and you nailed the metallic textures. It's a good piece you just need to fix it up a bit and it'll be great. Keep up the good work!
        my deviantart page

Comment

I see a cartoony Ironman face in thecrotch plating. He's got the belt for eyebrows, one glarey eye and even the Ironman frown.

Intentional or just an odd happening?

Comment

Originally posted by TropicalPencil View Post

Lastly, his left forearm doesn't join properly to his upper arm. Not too sure how to describe it but it just doesn't look right. I think it's how you drew the armor of his forearm. It doesn't show a join to his upper arm so it makes it look as though it's two separate pieces.
            I'm no IronMan armor expert and I could be completely wrong here but what I THINK looks off in this piece you mention, is that it has an elbow guard that as far as elbow guards go should be on the under side of his arm so a person can lean on it and in IronMan's case protects his elbow if his arm is straightened, the piece it's connected to looks like it could all use a universal twist to where the circle part reflects a joint. But certainly as is the armor would make it difficult to raise the arm into that position as the pieces are occupying the same space and looks uncomfortable to the eye for it.

Otherwise, great pic!
            Jon Malin

http://twitter.com/#!/JonMalin

Comment

its because the bicep is going down,when it should be coming forward. the armor should also reflect that.

"his right" hand also does not look natural. The armor on that forearm doesn't really "sit" on his arm well.

did you run out of room, and thats why the leg looks too short?
              "But you have to live with yourself, Raistlin. And there are times in the night when that must be damn near unbearable."
              —Caramon Majere, War of the Twins

Comment

Naw I was going for a forshortened look and just didnt do a good job at it. As for the arm I see what your saying. I dont reay go back and fix things but i'll remember for future drawings. Thanks for the input keep it coming.

Comment

Very cool , I like the lighting on him , you did a nice job . Agree about that leg is twisted pretty bad also not diggin the face mask , it looks abit shakey .

Comment

this is cool and good amount of lighting. this great..
                    Be Happy & Make All Happy!!!!!

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X