Fantastic Four

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fantastic Four

Made this for a street fight vs PopNinja. I don't know why but the scan looks not so great compared to on paper hmm. Challenge isn't until Thursday so I have plenty of time to tweak it and make corrections so let me have it! If I have to redraw then so be it heh. I want to give PopNinja his money's worth or even a run for his money. Any critiques are welcome. Thanks in advance!!!

Art Blog |
    alfredtrujillo.com |

This looks good. One thing that sticks out to me is the size of Invisible Woman's head. It's a tad big. I would also pay more attention the hand she has in the air, as it's in the middle of the pic and is pretty weak right now. Doom's head might be slightly big too.

Vic
    Pages, Updates, and Sketches on My Blog

Follow me on Twitter

Comment

Roger and roger. Will work on making the hand more dramatic and correct head sizes. Thanks Vic!!!
      Art Blog |
      alfredtrujillo.com |

Comment

this looks really good alfred. the only thing i see, other than the hand that vim pointed out, is that doc doom's right (our left) leg looks broken at the shin. are you planning on inking this?
        Either it's murder, or this library has a very strict overdue policy. -Det. Crosetti, Homicide

Famous Last Words:
        "They couldn't hit an elephant at this dist--" -Gen. John Sedgwick

Comment

Nice work, I do like the layout and sense of action.

I do agree with the critiques already mentioned... definitely need to watch your proportions. Aside from what's been said about Invisible Woman, Thing just kinda looks like a midget. Not nearly as imposing as he should be.

I'll also add that it would probably be a benefit to use either a compass or circle template on Invisible Woman's force field.

Loston also has a great tutorial around here someplace on how to execute the Kirby dots.
          See my work on Game of Thrones seasons two, three and four blurays
          DeviantArt

Comment

Thanks df! I used Loston's tutorial on the Kirby dots. Wouldn't hurt to look it over again, though.

Actually, after sleeping on it, I've decided I don't like what I did in this piece at all heh. I'm going to use the same layout and start it over since I have time. Using better bristol this time. I hate the way stuff looks on the Canson paper grrr. I will apply any suggestions to the new piece.

ITD, I don't think I'll ink this. I suck real bad at inking. Hmmm, maybe I should ink it for practice. We'll see!
            Art Blog |
            alfredtrujillo.com |

Comment

I agree about Canson paper. It's great for sketching and stuff, but I can't stand to use it for full blown pictures or markers. This will look nice on Bristol.
              Clarice Starling: If you didn't kill him, then who did, sir?

Hannibal Lecter: Who can say. Best thing for him, really. His therapy was going nowhere.

Comment

UPDATED!

Have till tonight before this is due. I might be able to apply some critiques. Thanks for all the earlier ones!!
                Art Blog |
                alfredtrujillo.com |

Comment

I definitely like the update better...great stuff. The first one seemed like it had too much wasted space at the top, even though Reed Richards was there...this one looks like you trimmed the fat and got to the good stuff. I especially like how you changed Sue Storm's forcefield to more of an 'invisible' one....I know its a small change, but I like it. Good luck with the drawoff!!
                  I don't bother making points, because there is no point.

My webcomic| Redux Deluxe

Comment

kudos on the updated one. The bodies look proportionate, and I like Mr. Fantastic's pose a lot better.

Comment

Wow huge improvement with the second pic! the Thing looks awesome now and so does the rest of the team!
                      Retired Pummel Commissioner
                      ► Wins:8 ► Losses:1 ► KO's:4
                      Pummel matches....DA Gallery

Comment

definitely an improvement. the thing looks amazing, very nice job on him. my only crit is still on doc's legs, you got the shin area down this time but now his thighs are a little off; they wouldn't taper in toward the top like that, they would get thicker. im just nit-picking though, this piece is looking really good.
                        Either it's murder, or this library has a very strict overdue policy. -Det. Crosetti, Homicide

Famous Last Words:
                        "They couldn't hit an elephant at this dist--" -Gen. John Sedgwick

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X