Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New to the board, here's a Joker for ya

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • New to the board, here's a Joker for ya

    Hey guys, just registered and unless I'm missing something, there's no forum just for intros, so I thought I'd say hello by way of The Joker.



    Some of you may know me (or my art) from various sites, but for those who don't... yeah, I know it's a bit different. Hopefully, not 'bad' different.

    Anyhoo, I'll shut my stoopid marf and toddle off now. Nice to 'meet' you all!

  • #2
    Hey, Jamie. Good to see you here. No, there's no formal intro spot, so diving in is pretty much the proper way. Love that Joker.

    Comment


    • #3
      yeah nice.... welcome aboard

      Comment


      • #4
        I think that's pretty "rad" different. Welcome to PJ!
        Artblog!

        Comment


        • #5
          welcome to PJ. This is a cool piece.

          However, as it is, it looks like a Weeble dressed in the joker costume.

          The clothes and make up mark this as the joker. one thing that distinguishes the joker from other characters is the long, sullen face.

          I think you could pull off this piece in this sort of style, with a little more effectiveness if the face shape more closely resembled the joker model.
          Request an invite here to join a great facebook art critique group. https://www.facebook.com/groups/327854080642752/


          http://www.uggabugga.net/forum

          Comment


          • #6
            Cute Humpty Dumpty sat on a wall~Joker style!!! Awesome nicely done!

            Comment


            • #7
              i like the style alot! but I feel that joker's big hook nose is as important a feature as the mouth. Was this drawn in illustrator?
              www.myspace.com/b_askew

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Ugga Bugga View Post
                However, as it is, it looks like a Weeble dressed in the joker costume.

                The clothes and make up mark this as the joker. one thing that distinguishes the joker from other characters is the long, sullen face.

                I think you could pull off this piece in this sort of style, with a little more effectiveness if the face shape more closely resembled the joker model.
                Originally posted by Victor-17 View Post
                i like the style alot! but I feel that joker's big hook nose is as important a feature as the mouth. Was this drawn in illustrator?
                If you guys take a look at Jamie's gallery, you'll see that these ‘bean’ versions of characters are kinda his thing, and this really is one of those times where the intended style excuses being slightly off-model. Besides, I'm pretty sure it's based on the publicity photo of Heath Ledger as The Joker, so no hook nose or elongated face required.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Don't even take time to pair up your socks? Joker, you so crazy.
                  I dig the style. I don't think I've seen your stuff before, but I would like to see more of it.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by F!NCH View Post
                    If you guys take a look at Jamie's gallery, you'll see that these ‘bean’ versions of characters are kinda his thing, and this really is one of those times where the intended style excuses being slightly off-model. Besides, I'm pretty sure it's based on the publicity photo of Heath Ledger as The Joker, so no hook nose or elongated face required.

                    fair enough.

                    I still think however that it still could be a bean version, and have a few more defining characteristics.
                    Request an invite here to join a great facebook art critique group. https://www.facebook.com/groups/327854080642752/


                    http://www.uggabugga.net/forum

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Thanks for the comments, guys.

                      Didn't know you were here, F!NCH. Good to see you too, mate.

                      One of the major challenges of this style is to keep the recognisable characteristics without getting drawn too far into the finer details. It's kinda born out of a series of characters I created, which were ridiculously simplistic, and although it's grown with time, I have to rein it in sometimes.

                      I take your point on the face, Ugga. I've tried to emphasise the clown makeup and green hair to get the character across, but my rule of thumb is 'no noses or neck', making the challenge greater. If I elongated the face, he'd become a bit gangly. If there's a way to get it to work, I haven't found it yet.

                      Or maybe I'm just a sucker for stubby clowns...
                      Last edited by Jamie Roberts; 05-27-2008, 02:48 PM. Reason: Grammar

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        It's a fair comment. I understand what you are trying to do with these, and it is very well done. Not sure I have a happy medium to suggest.

                        I look forward to seeing more of your work.
                        Request an invite here to join a great facebook art critique group. https://www.facebook.com/groups/327854080642752/


                        http://www.uggabugga.net/forum

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Hey, you're the bean guy (meant in a good way)! I was just looking at your stuff a couple weeks ago! I dig it all, your Fantastic 4 piece is my fave! Great style!
                          http://nickbachman.blogspot.com

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Ugga Bugga View Post
                            It's a fair comment. I understand what you are trying to do with these, and it is very well done. Not sure I have a happy medium to suggest.

                            I look forward to seeing more of your work.
                            Thanks, mate! I'll post some of my kinda hybrid style soon. More detailed, as a whole.

                            Nick, there's surely no way being a bean guy could be bad? I'd even take being a coffee baron. Cheers!

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Czar Bean it is!
                              http://nickbachman.blogspot.com

                              Comment

                              Unconfigured Ad Widget

                              Collapse
                              Working...
                              X