Ready whenever you are, bub

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ready whenever you are, bub

so heres my Wolverine for my draw-off with Telekinetic HotSauce finished...cnc as always, appreciated!

DON'T CLICK
    http://nickguy0320.deviantart.com/
    http://www.penciljack.com/forum/show...php?71084-Doom
    I miss when we all drew like Joe MAD and argued about the Matrix

Nice work Nick!

I think the roof top needs a chimney or something though, to distinguish it as a roof top. When I first saw it, my eyes thought he was standing on the side of a building.
    See my work on Game of Thrones seasons two, three and four blurays
    DeviantArt

Comment

hmm, i see that now that you mention it

i was going for the "curved roof" look, but the tiles make it look like windows
      DON'T CLICK

Comment

I'd edit out the squiggles on the moon and also make it a sircle give it more of a light source feel.
        Sign your rep, What's a' matter Mcfly
        ...CHICKEN!?

MY COMIC!

http://t-k-.deviantart.com/

Comment

you chose a strange angle on the roof that kind of puts the composition of balance, normally you'd use lines like the middle of the roof to guide the viewer to the subject, but in this case it leads to the moon. It just pulls a lot of weight to the left. The characters and blakcs are well done though.
          PUMMEL Stats | TUMBLR | BLOG | Figure Drawing Blog
          SLAM | Light Heavyweight
          (2014) Wins:05 | Losses:03 | Knockouts:05

Comment

Looks great!! I would tweak the levels ever so slightly to make the blacks black.
            Art Blog |
            alfredtrujillo.com |

Comment

Good luck man! Nice work.
              Clarice Starling: If you didn't kill him, then who did, sir?

Hannibal Lecter: Who can say. Best thing for him, really. His therapy was going nowhere.

Comment

I thought he was standing on the side of a building also. He looks really tall. I dig the shadows though, cool stuff.
                Shiver Bureau - webcomic
                Cubicles - Digital Graphic Novel. First Chapter is Free
                Website
                DA Gallery
                PUMMEL Stats - Light Heavy - W:4 - L:1 - KO:2

Comment

Dude I can't say enough how much I love your stuff. Good luck in the challenge.
                  My Deviant Art Page
                  My Pummel Matches
                  P.U.M.M.E.L. Middle Weight - Stats - Wins 19 - Lose 6 - KO's 16 - Tie 2

Comment

Id take out the-i guess it's a Japanese style building on the left. If that's what it is, it look like it's kind of floating side ways above the building wolverine just jumped off of. Besides that, I'd maybe put some speed lines coming off of wolverine to show he's falling. Nice work in the shadows and the ninjas.
                    my deviantart
                    SKETCHUMS
                    Wins: 29 (34%)
                    Losses: 56
                    ~end transmisson.

Comment

Like some others, when I first saw this, I thought Wolvie had jumped off a building and was coming towards persons on street level.
                      I think it's the asymmetry between the left side of the roof and the right side...
                      success is not the absence of failure, but the overcoming of it
                      All-Time THUNDERBRAWL CHAMP
                      HW|Record:24-3|KOs:15|3-timeLHWchamp|3-timeMWchamp
                      STATS
                      STOCKPILE

Comment

OOOOHHHHHHH, I get it now. I didn't get the angle when I first saw it. But, I see it now.
                        my deviantart
                        SKETCHUMS
                        Wins: 29 (34%)
                        Losses: 56
                        ~end transmisson.

Comment

You couldn't take the time to make the moon an actual circle? I think you should have taken the time to line your two scans up better, as well.

Other than those two things(and also thinking Logan was jumping off the top of a building too), this is pretty good, Nick.
                          Money can't buy you happiness, but it will pay for the search.

Comment

Originally posted by Telekinetic Ketchup View Post
                            I'd edit out the squiggles on the moon and also make it a sircle give it more of a light source feel.
                            the squiggles distract from the light source feel? interesting...thanks for the crit!
                            Originally posted by slam View Post
                            you chose a strange angle on the roof that kind of puts the composition of balance, normally you'd use lines like the middle of the roof to guide the viewer to the subject, but in this case it leads to the moon. It just pulls a lot of weight to the left. The characters and blakcs are well done though.
                            thanks!

Originally posted by alfred183 View Post
                            Looks great!! I would tweak the levels ever so slightly to make the blacks black.
                            hahah those are tweaked levels, the further i pushed it the more it looked like a bad xerox
                            Originally posted by Taylea Chisum View Post
                            Good luck man! Nice work.
                            thanks!
                            Originally posted by walterostlie View Post
                            I thought he was standing on the side of a building also. He looks really tall. I dig the shadows though, cool stuff.
                            yeah he came out taller than i intended. i was trying to go for a foreshortened look, but it didnt work so well.
                            Originally posted by hydekomiksink View Post
                            Dude I can't say enough how much I love your stuff. Good luck in the challenge.
                            thanks, man!

Originally posted by blamito View Post
                            Id take out the-i guess it's a Japanese style building on the left. If that's what it is, it look like it's kind of floating side ways above the building wolverine just jumped off of. Besides that, I'd maybe put some speed lines coming off of wolverine to show he's falling. Nice work in the shadows and the ninjas.
                            wolvies not really falling...lolz
                            Originally posted by ekotek View Post
                            Like some others, when I first saw this, I thought Wolvie had jumped off a building and was coming towards persons on street level.
                            I think it's the asymmetry between the left side of the roof and the right side...
                            maybe i should do another pic where thats actually happening lol

Originally posted by Popninja View Post
                            You couldn't take the time to make the moon an actual circle? I think you should have taken the time to line your two scans up better, as well.

Other than those two things(and also thinking Logan was jumping off the top of a building too), this is pretty good, Nick.
                            thanks, man!
                            DON'T CLICK

Comment

is it just me or are his legs too thin?

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X