TMNT art

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TMNT art

I'm branching out from my Transformers art, though not very far! Currently trying to woo the TMNT editor over at IDW...

HW W1/L2/KO0Behance

Looks good, good luck man!
    sketchbook thread

Comment

Thanks dude.

Here's another, trying to get a bit more movement going!

HW W1/L2/KO0Behance

Comment

The second shot is infinitely better.

Couple of thoughts-

Breaking the fourth wall robs the image of forward motion. Blueberry Boy is the only one who seems interested in chasing the enemy, the others are bouncing on trampolines striking silly poses for the camera. Lemondrop Lad isn't moving at all, he's just standing there staring at us.

Remember their Miller/Janson origins. Because animated cartoons actually move, cel drawings are done with completed, clean, deadweights to avoid screen crawl. In Comics we have to create the illusion of motion. Grittier, broken lines will alleviate the frozen-in-time-and-space feel.
        PaulMartinSmith

Comment

Originally posted by Smitty View Post
          Lemondrop Lad isn't moving at all, he's just standing there staring at us.
          Lemondrop Lass.
          My comic book collection

Comment

Originally posted by Crimson Spider View Post

Lemondrop Lass.
            D'oh!.......
            PaulMartinSmith

Comment

Originally posted by Smitty View Post
              The second shot is infinitely better.

Couple of thoughts-

Breaking the fourth wall robs the image of forward motion. Blueberry Boy is the only one who seems interested in chasing the enemy, the others are bouncing on trampolines striking silly poses for the camera. Lemondrop Lad isn't moving at all, he's just standing there staring at us.

Remember their Miller/Janson origins. Because animated cartoons actually move, cel drawings are done with completed, clean, deadweights to avoid screen crawl. In Comics we have to create the illusion of motion. Grittier, broken lines will alleviate the frozen-in-time-and-space feel.
              Thanks Paul. Putting into words the niggles at the back of my mind yet again! Interesting point regarding rougher holding lines giving more motion, not something that I've seen vocalised before. The heavy outlines are one of the my last stylistic hangovers that I'm yet to kick – in my minds eye I'm going for a Mucha/Adam Hughes thing (he says grandly) but I'm also aware they can suck the life out of a piece instantly.
              HW W1/L2/KO0Behance

Comment

Dead weights notwithstanding, here's my third (and it turns out final) TMNT portfolio piece that went off to the editors earlier this week...

HW W1/L2/KO0Behance

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                Working...
                X
                😀
                🥰
                🤢
                😎
                😡
                👍