Original Character Comission

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Original Character Comission

This is an original character by Mammoth-Snake on Reddit. Working with him to design his character for a story he's writing. This is my first commission.

Last edited by Shoshin Zero; 09-06-2022, 11:01 PM.

Originally posted by Shoshin Zero View Post
    This is an original character by Mammoth-Snake on Reddit. Working with him to design his character for a story he's writing. This is my first commission.

You'll need to upload elsewhere and link to it if you want anyone to be able to see it!

I saw the full rez on Discord though. Are you focussing on digital painting at the moment?
    HW W1/L2/KO0Behance

Comment

I found the image file at the link on the image and fixed the original post.

Shoshin Zero We are not allowed to upload images to the forum even though the option is checked on by default and even seems to work sometimes. When you use the image tool, make sure to uncheck the box that says "Retrieve remote file and reference locally". And make sure the link is to the actual image file, one that ends with .jpg or .png, or whatever format. In your image's case, I removed some extra code information after the ".jpg", so you may have to look for that too.
      Pummel Is Back!

Comment

Originally posted by pell View Post
        I found the image file at the link on the image and fixed the original post.

Shoshin Zero We are not allowed to upload images to the forum even though the option is checked on by default and even seems to work sometimes. When you use the image tool, make sure to uncheck the box that says "Retrieve remote file and reference locally". And make sure the link is to the actual image file, one that ends with .jpg or .png, or whatever format. In your image's case, I removed some extra code information after the ".jpg", so you may have to look for that too.
        Sorry about that, I created an imgur account to use for posting on here.

Comment

Originally posted by Jim View Post

You'll need to upload elsewhere and link to it if you want anyone to be able to see it!

I saw the full rez on Discord though. Are you focussing on digital painting at the moment?
          I'm focusing on both digital and traditional. Depends on what suits the job, I'm still figuring out what works for me. For actual comic work I would like to pencil and ink traditionally and color digital. I just happen to do this commission digitally. Although I think for these types of OC commission I will probably do them digital because of the ease of being able to edit and change things about the image. Just for fun I have wanted to get back into airbrushing, and try other mediums like oil and gouache.

Comment

Originally posted by Shoshin Zero View Post

I'm focusing on both digital and traditional. Depends on what suits the job, I'm still figuring out what works for me. For actual comic work I would like to pencil and ink traditionally and color digital. I just happen to do this commission digitally. Although I think for these types of OC commission I will probably do them digital because of the ease of being able to edit and change things about the image. Just for fun I have wanted to get back into airbrushing, and try other mediums like oil and gouache.
            Nice, it's pretty tight. I was wondering if the school was pushing you to focus on specific things, or maybe if it was more about trying everything at once.
            HW W1/L2/KO0Behance

Comment

Originally posted by Jim View Post

Nice, it's pretty tight. I was wondering if the school was pushing you to focus on specific things, or maybe if it was more about trying everything at once.
              They don't really push you to go either direction. There will be assignments that require you to use a specific medium. Other than that how you choose to make your art is up to you. I haven't had my digital production class yet, obviously that's digital. A year of Adobe Creative Cloud is included in the tuition.

This commission I took before starting the Kubert School. So this was all my choice.

Comment

really nice! getting a great guyver vibe off the armour!
                http://barcsdoodles.blogspot.ie/

https://www.tumblr.com/blog/eoinb

@barcswow on twitter and instagram

Comment

Originally posted by crazyjedichicken View Post
                  really nice! getting a great guyver vibe off the armour!
                  Thank you! The client wanted a character heavily inspired by the Guyver. I'm working on an update and it looks like as more revisions are done this character will resemble the Guyver less.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X