Marvel vs DC Cinematic Universes

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marvel vs DC Cinematic Universes

The Justice League movie just opened and now we officially have movies featuring the flagship superhero teams from both Marvel and DC. In the spirit of total fanboy teeth gnashing, let's get down to it - which cinematic universe reigns supreme?
    The Marvel Cinematic Universe
    91.67%
    The DC Cinematic Universe
    8.33%
    Terry
    webmaster@penciljack.com

Marvel all the way. Loved Thor: Ragnarok. And I'm already looking forward to Black Panther. I'm watching Justice League tonight but I don't have high hopes for it.

It's a shame what the DC Cinematic Universe has come down to after Bruce Timm established such an awesome universe in JLU. Instead, they decided to double down on Zack Snyder.

It's not all bad, though. Snyder's version of Krypton looked kinda cool. And Themyscira in Wonder Woman looked amazing.
    My Deviant Art page

Comment

It's not even a fair comparison.

Marvel's films have built an organic franchise of characters.

DC is a slapdash trainwreck, assembled by an idiot (Zack Snyder), and bungled at every turn.

If funnybook cinematic universes survive the reboot cycle, I'll be willing to give what comes next a fair shake. Anything built on a foundation by Zack Snyder is bound to fail. It doesn't help that I'm not on board for casting choices. Always hated Ben Affleck, Gal Go-Bots is a model - Henry Cavill is Brandon Routh redux. A guy who looks good in the suit in a terrible movie, or in Cavill's case - a terrible gaggle of movies.
      New and improved for 1996!
      Instagram: Pencilero

Comment

Surely there is someone who will defend the DC cinematic universe?
        Terry
        webmaster@penciljack.com

Comment

I saw Justice League and it feels basically the same as Watchmen. I assume that Zack is trying to put comic books on the big screen and that isn't something that most people are interested in.

Personally I'd like to see him focus less on visuals and way more on coherent storytelling.
          Light Heavy W-38 L-15 KO-18
          deviant art
          tumblr
          PJ blog

Comment

Originally posted by penciljack View Post
            Surely there is someone who will defend the DC cinematic universe?
            Has anybody been given a reason?

New and improved for 1996!
            Instagram: Pencilero

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X