Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comic book artists who deserve more recognition...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CyberLord View Post
    Popninja and Pencilero:
    Yes, those humongous BVH and SVWW are marvelous, but I highly recommend the mini-series "Twilight." That is one AWESOME piece of work in three volumes.

You guys might not be old enough to remember "Tommy Tomorrow," "Manhunter 2070," "The Star Rovers," or any of the other characters from the National Periodical archives, but you don't need to.

TwoMorrows has a "Modern Masters" book on JLGL: http://twomorrows.com/index.php?main...roducts_id=308

Inside you will find some of the design work he did for "Twilight."
    Twilight by JLGL and Howard Chaykin?

Got it.

Modern Masters?

Had it.

You're preaching to the choir man.

JLGL is the reason I sought out a complete run of Atari Force despite passing over it as a kid, because. . . well, how many super intelligent and cultured seven year olds do you know?
    New and improved for 1996!
    Instagram: Pencilero

Comment

Chiming in with nothing but adoration and jaw dropping respect for Garcia Lopez's draftsmanship , As a kid reading mostly Marvel, it took a long time to catch onto who he was, but every DC licensed T-Shirt, pencil case and bed cover around seeps into your subconscious, Loved his Batman, Atari force covers and really loved Cinder and Ashe as a 10 year old, have to get hold of Twilight
      Pummel- LHW -W 9-L 4-KO 7

Comment

Originally posted by Pencilero View Post
        I'm reading Justice League 3000 now, and I've always been a Howard Porter fan; but his work on this book is on another level. He's drawing his ass off and I'm loving every minute of it. JL3000 is sort of a modern Elseworlds book.
        This book seemed like a completely different Howard Porter! I've never been into Justice League or D.C. in general but his art on that book was awesome.
        http://chcomicart.blogspot.com/
        https://www.instagram.com/chris.haizlip/

Comment

Originally posted by ChrisH View Post
          This book seemed like a completely different Howard Porter! I've never been into Justice League or D.C. in general but his art on that book was awesome.
          Yeah.

It's quite the come back after a severe injury that nearly cost him his ability to draw.

Perhaps that, an amazing digital tools, are why he went balls to the wall on that book.

It's a bummer that it petered out near the end (new art teams), but it was fun while it lasted.
          New and improved for 1996!
          Instagram: Pencilero

Comment

Originally posted by fatmancomics View Post
            Mike Zeck. The beginning sequence in Peter Parker, Amazing Spider-Man #131 is the reason I got into comics in the first place.
            Imagine how cool it was that Zeck drew a story that I (co-) wrote. Couldn't agree more that he should get more respect than he does!

Comment

Lee Weeks is, imo, the best western comic book artist of the last several decades.

Comment

Mike Maihack, creator of “Cleopatra in space”

surprised more people aren’t talking about him.
                The biggest mistake people make in life is not trying to make a living at doing what they most enjoy.

---Malcolm Forbes

My website

Never .jpeg a .jpeg

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                Working...
                X