Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NSFW - NL4W / Never Lost for Words (my webcomic's wip and finished art)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NSFW - NL4W / Never Lost for Words (my webcomic's wip and finished art)

Just finished episode #1: https://tapas.io/series/NL4W/info
    NL4W intends to be a romance, gaming, and underground drama for grown-ups.
    Episode #1 is an upbeat paced life of a caricaturist crunching 17 hours every day.

Here's the cover art preview:

And the thumbnail that got the cover art started:

Thank you in advance,
    Cheers!

Unfortunately, the moderator of this lab has not been on Penciljack in over three years. Consequently, things have been allowed here that should not be here. We encourage promotion, but there is a place for it, and the Sequential Art lab is not the place for this particular post.

I'm moving this to the Bulletin Board.
    Money can't buy you happiness, but it will pay for the search.

Comment

Originally posted by Popninja View Post
      Unfortunately, the moderator of this lab has not been on Penciljack in over three years. Consequently, things have been allowed here that should not be here. We encourage promotion, but there is a place for it, and the Sequential Art lab is not the place for this particular post.

I'm moving this to the Bulletin Board.
      Thx, man!

[update] [MATURE CONTENT] [NSFW]

Here is a characters illustration for my web and print comic #neverlost4words episode two (#2). Anatomy fundamentals traditional Posca pens on a sheet of paper (A2 canvas, 23"×16").

And, again, here's episode one (#1) https://cutt.ly/neverlost4words

Comment

Btw... Is there an actual way to make your content NSFW and be hidden before it can be seen? Please let me know in the comments below. Thx in advance!

[live stream] [Concept Art] [Traditional Media]

So, here's an update for my webcomic #neverlost4words episode two/#2: I streamed a scene concept work scratch/roughs/thumbnailing. It's like an exercise for "world" creation (not really a whole world, more of a big establishing shot scene). I did what is called "Closing Doors", a technique by Riot Games. I used traditional media (penciling for now) to scratch/roughs --"thumbnailing for ideation"-- the visual direction for goals and look/styles.

Concept work scratch/kickstart stream: https://www.twitch.tv/gansogeeksout

[preview bellow] [aircraft] [wheeled vehicle] [environment] [architecture] [furniture, props] [creature] etc. --Cheers!

Comment

In developing the episode #2 of my NL4W series, recently done this pinup (Jules Verne -ish) as one of the cameo characters that might be part of it:

Cheers!

Comment

Originally posted by gansogeeksout View Post
            Btw... Is there an actual way to make your content NSFW and be hidden before it can be seen?
            There may be a way using html or php tags, but i'm not the one to ask about it. I went ahead and changed your title of the thread to NSFW, that way people know what they'll be getting into before clicking your thread.

Check out Film Grouch!

Wanna be uncool? Unhip? Unhung? Join the Monkey Revolution!

Amadarwin's unauthorized, unscathing, unfinished biography.

Comment

Some sites have spoiler tags:

SPOILER! HIGHLIGHT TO READ:
              Hidden content.

[IMG]https://i.imgur.com/XHFBV8f.jpg[/IMG]

OK, we have it here too, even though there's no shortcut for it in the editor tools. Apparently it only works for text.
              Pummel Is Back!

Comment

Originally posted by amadarwin View Post

There may be a way using html or php tags, but i'm not the one to ask about it. I went ahead and changed your title of the thread to NSFW, that way people know what they'll be getting into before clicking your thread.
                Originally posted by pell View Post
                Some sites have spoiler tags:

Hidden content.

[IMG]https://i.imgur.com/XHFBV8f.jpg[/IMG]

OK, we have it here too, even though there's no shortcut for it in the editor tools. Apparently it only works for text.
                Thx, amadarwin, thx pell. By the way: why some of us have avatars (image/photo) for our User Profile, and some of us don't? I often look but never find where to upload it on User Settings.

Alright. So.. I've been having a hard time making episode 2 of my fanzine/webcomic. Storytelling is one of the most difficult arts to learn/practice. So, after a long haul, I'm deciding to do my episode 2 as a sort of a collage of illustrations instead. It will be random, but fun (episode 1 took me about one year, no fun --yikes). Thinking about it.. I see it as a progress.. As far as a fanzine goes, (imo) it's not a major problem

Cheers!

Comment

You have to have either 50 or 100 posts before the system let's you put up an Avatar.

​​​​
                  Check out Film Grouch!

Wanna be uncool? Unhip? Unhung? Join the Monkey Revolution!

Amadarwin's unauthorized, unscathing, unfinished biography.

Comment

Originally posted by gansogeeksout View Post

Thx, amadarwin, thx pell. By the way: why some of us have avatars (image/photo) for our User Profile, and some of us don't? I often look but never find where to upload it on User Settings.

Alright. So.. I've been having a hard time making episode 2 of my fanzine/webcomic. Storytelling is one of the most difficult arts to learn/practice. So, after a long haul, I'm deciding to do my episode 2 as a sort of a collage of illustrations instead. It will be random, but fun (episode 1 took me about one year, no fun --yikes). Thinking about it.. I see it as a progress.. As far as a fanzine goes, (imo) it's not a major problem

Cheers!
                    For avatars, what amadarwin said. Although some people can't post avatars no matter what. It's one of the many issues with the current forum software.

I really dig the image.
                    Pummel Is Back!

Comment

Originally posted by pell View Post

For avatars, what amadarwin said. Although some people can't post avatars no matter what. It's one of the many issues with the current forum software.

I really dig the image.
                      Thx, pell! That's an image I'm proud of making, 'cos I'm a fan of the character AND her creator. This is a local hoax, we call it "urban legend", of a blonde ghost who haunts the city taxi drivers. It made into comics a few times, one which I collaborated with a splash page. This one here, that you saw, is a double spread that will be part of episode two (2) of NL4W / Never Lost for Words. I'm expecting it to be either a storytelling of images ..or really just a collage of illustrations.

So, I've finally made the 1st (first) page of episode 2 of my fanzine/webcomic!
                      And here it is, hooray!
                      https://www.facebook.com/gansogeekso...0312003918536/
                      *Let me know if the link works. Thx!

So, to cut it short: This was briefed to be dark, but doesn't look dark to me. Nor humorous, though it is kinda surreal and satirical take on a current phenomenon, between the extremes of normal and abnormal. My hopes is that it *DOESN'T* feel didactic, 'cos that would suck. It's an establishing shot of a surreal world.

Cheers!
                      Last edited by gansogeeksout; 09-27-2021, 03:44 PM.

Comment

Today I finished a comic strip, which was already a very very old idea/rough from my sketchbooks.

--> You can check the finished piece here: @NewGrounds (!)

..You could also check the trad inks right here:

..and the whole WIP timelapse on: YouTube

Cheers!

Comment

Today I finished a double spread, which was a use of perspective to create a composition (of everything into one combination) of a series of sketches and inks I did separately.

--> You can check the finished piece here: @NewGrounds (!)

..You could also check the trad inks and pencils comps (of everything into one combination) right here:

Cheers!
                          Last edited by gansogeeksout; 10-29-2021, 05:47 AM.

Comment

[WIP]

.. This is a print of the digital artwork.
                            In this inking stage I'm also doing flats. There's a thing you can do for faster flats on CSP (Clip Studio Paint) for those who want to learn how I do it, here's a screen capture/process video of me doing the flats thing/trick without commentary on Youtube: https://youtu.be/67P5a8K5uYU. And I believe it is also possible on PS (Photoshop). To me it saves a huuuge amount of time, and I've seen even the masters such as Feng Zhu *NOT* using this technique, but instead, he scratches all the un-wanted areas with an eraser, really taking time he could allocate on other things, more major.

For those who don't know NL4W (Never Lost For Words) is pure dope underground webcomix for grown-ups. And this might be episode #3. Cheers to that!
                            Last edited by gansogeeksout; 12-19-2021, 01:30 PM.

Comment

Worked on a splash page for my webcomic 'Never Lost for Words':

(It is tradigital done on Affinity Photo) Here is the link to the WIP video, if you want to see what brushes I used, and how.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X