Looking for sequential artist...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for sequential artist...

I am new to the boards so if this is in the wrong place please let me know...

I have recently finished writing and am now scripting, what I consider, a very good BATMAN story, a new twist on the character. This story is long enough that it would be graphic novel in length, again, I put A LOT of time into it. This is a project that I VERY much want to finish; I know it's Batman so no money will be made but this is my idea: Once the book is finished, I will created a website and put the book on the site for review, people can tell "us" they love it, they hate it, offer any feedback they like. I think it would be a GREAT learning experience and who knows, "we" just might get discovered...

If anyone has interest, please respond here or send me an IM...

Thanks so much!

Anyone? There MUST be someone out there looking to try to break into the business...

I'm telling you, this is a REALLY good story!

Comment

STILL looking...

I truly believe this would be a great way to get your work out there and seen...

Not just some sketches here and there, but a completed WORK!

Comment

you probably aren't going to get too many bites for a Batman project, that's not a DC project due to legal stuff, especially a graphic novel length one.

Comment

do you just plan on making a fanmade batman graphic novel... and then hoping it will sell it to DC? cause im not sure you can even do that.
          My deviantART
          My Art Blog
          My Comic Reviewing Blog
          My Inking and Lettering Portfolio Website

Comment

Yeah, asking people to draw a graphic novel-length fanfic for free isn't going to get much interest. Maybe put it aside and work on something of your own, until such time that you make a name for yourself and can pitch the thing to DC.
            CORKTOWN #1-2 on Comixology

Comment

Thanks for the input guys, I really do appreciate it...

I don't really plan on pitching it to DC, just wanted to get it done and see if someone, anyone liked it...

For now I am offering up my writing abilities for artist to assist in telling their stories and scripting it out...

Would still love to find an artist but if I have to prove my writing ability first, so be it...

Comment

well its probably not best to say things like

"There MUST be someone out there looking to try to break into the business...
                I'm telling you, this is a REALLY good story!"

it sounds like you are are already in the buisness.... and then

"I don't really plan on pitching it to DC, just wanted to get it done and see if someone, anyone liked it..."

it comes off as super amatuer. like some little kid promising his playmates something great. some modesty and straight forwardness will go way further.
                as a minor comic creator with a few proffesional credits to my name... trust me that getting into professional comics is all about proof in the pudding. just saying youre good on a messageboard means nothing to anybody here (a group that is fairly booksmart when it comes to comics) on this messageboard.
                My deviantART
                My Art Blog
                My Comic Reviewing Blog
                My Inking and Lettering Portfolio Website

Comment

Originally posted by angeltread View Post
                  well its probably not best to say things like

"There MUST be someone out there looking to try to break into the business...
                  I'm telling you, this is a REALLY good story!"

it sounds like you are are already in the buisness.... and then

"I don't really plan on pitching it to DC, just wanted to get it done and see if someone, anyone liked it..."

it comes off as super amatuer. like some little kid promising his playmates something great. some modesty and straight forwardness will go way further.
                  as a minor comic creator with a few proffesional credits to my name... trust me that getting into professional comics is all about proof in the pudding. just saying youre good on a messageboard means nothing to anybody here (a group that is fairly booksmart when it comes to comics) on this messageboard.
                  I hear what you are saying, I really do...

I'm a 48 year old male with good writing experience and a love of comics...

I have run my story past the owners of a very successful comic book store and they would not BS me if they thought the idea sucked...

My issue is that I don't have the funds to pay someone to do the artwork for me...

But I do understand money talks and gets peoples attention and effort...

Again, thanks for all the advice...

Comment

I'm not going to give up looking for an artist...

YES, this is my first attempt at a script but I put a lot into it, the concept is SOLID...

I am really HOPING there is someone out there who is new as well and would like to get their art seen in a full blown (fanmade) comic...

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X