No announcement yet.

need a talented graphic novel artist :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Wanted ($)] need a talented graphic novel artist :)

hi all hope everyone is well

to make a long story short i am currently working on a script and would love a graphic novel artist to bring it to life for me. i would like it in colour please would really like to use you artistic vision on it .

this project revolves around 3 novels that are linked to each other and you will be paid per novel so keep in mind if i hire you for one you will be hired for all 3 as well as a split of the royalties from my publishing deal

and although i do have budget ($10-$15 per page ) for the first novel you will be paid much higher for the second and third one. i am a passionate writer and really hope artist can see this and im confident with the right artist we can achieve
    success .

i am open to all styles of art
    although the project is focused on a post apocalyptic type world but whether it is steam punk or realistic or whetever other style you can do is all up to the artist i choose so again all styles welcome

please email me at

[email protected]

or post below with samples and prices

thank you for your time and i hope to hear from you soon
    Last edited by young-dash; 07-21-2012, 01:45 PM.

bump

please guys come on 46 views ,,,, no comments

Comment

$10-15 is not going to get you anywhere.
      $100 would be a good start.

Comment

Originally posted by black_fish View Post
        This is basically what I was going to say.

Young-dash, no one is going to pencil, ink, and color your graphic novel for $15 per page. You're insulting the artists with that price, especially the good ones.
        Twitter: https://twitter.com/CarlShinyama

Windsurfer Twitter: https://twitter.com/WindsurferComic

Patreon: https://www.patreon.com/WindsurferComic

Comment

Originally posted by black_fish View Post
          Agreed, that barely covers the cost of materials. By the time it's penciled, inked and colored that's no money at all. You have to consider that the average art board costs around $1.00 each, sometimes more sometimes less depending on quality. Factor in the pencils and inking supplies, an artist would be going in the hole. You also need to remember that it takes hours to put together a comic page. Not only the finished work but hours doing layouts then roughs then the final page which itself can take anywhere between 3-15 hours depending on complexity and detail....and that's just for pencils. I don't think you are going to find someone here that will work that cheap. I'm not even that good myself but I wouldn't even touch it. That brings me to another point. The more you are willing to pay, the better the talent will be. I wish you the best in your project, I know what it means to want to bring your characters and worlds to life. I'm doing just that now and if I wasn't doing it for myself, I wouldn't be working as cheap lol! Good luck!!!
          JCat Studio Blog

Facebook

Email Me

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X