Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kickstarter advice?

Hi folks,

I’m involved in a current Kickstarter campaign (which I won’t link to from here as that’s not the point of my thread) which - despite a strong start - has stalled at about 78% funding. There’s still 3 weeks left so we may hit our goal, but I’m trying to think of ways to drum up some more support.

All the team are promoting the campaign on various social media channels, but that’s not bringing in much extra traffic, and despite getting picked as a “Project We Love” it’s just not getting any attention.

I was wondering if any PJ’ers who have run successful KS campaigns had any tips on how to bring in a wider audience? I’m planning on running a campaign myself next year for my graphic novel project and the sluggishness of this one has got me questioning my goals...
    What's wrong with a little destruction?

The artist formerly known as Mike the Gent.
    I tweet, sometimes

Cross promote with other active campaigns, especially if they have a similar product. You both benefit from exposure to reach other's audiences.
    Randy Stone

Comment

Well, for one thing, if you're involved in a KS campaign, you should maybe promote it, I dunno, HERE on Penciljack. Link...in the Bulletin Board lab, maybe?
      Money can't buy you happiness, but it will pay for the search.

Comment

Originally posted by Popninja View Post
        Well, for one thing, if you're involved in a KS campaign, you should maybe promote it, I dunno, HERE on Penciljack. Link...in the Bulletin Board lab, maybe?
        Yeah, not dropping the link in just felt like trolling us.
        HW W1/L2/KO0Behance

Comment

I didn’t know if that kind of self-promotion would be frowned upon, so I erred on the side of caution. But I’ve put up a topic on the Bulletin Board lab now:

https://www.penciljack.com/forum/div...on-kickstarter

We hit our funding goal last weekend but we still have stretch goals...
          What's wrong with a little destruction?

The artist formerly known as Mike the Gent.
          I tweet, sometimes

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X