Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Era of Snyder DCEU is OVAH! (hopefully)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Era of Snyder DCEU is OVAH! (hopefully)

Henry Cavill reportedly out as Superman in stunning DC movie universe shakeup

Henry did no wrong, he was just trapped in Snyderverse which was doomed from the start.

He now joins Brandon Routh as an actor who has done a perfectly fine job in a terrible movie, or in this case two terrible and one tolerable movies.

Best yet!

Ben Affleck out as DC’s Batman following Henry Cavill’s rumored Superman exit

Not a good Daredevil.

Not a good Batman.

Good riddance Aflac.

Hopefully DC fans can begin to expect some decent comic book movies now? Hopefully?

It could be a rough transition out of the horrid Snyderverse, and into something better - or will it be the cinematic end times for DC movies?
    New and improved for 1996!
    Instagram: Pencilero

DC needs to stop trying to catch Marvel at what Marvel already does so well.

Wonder Woman shows that they need to make. ONE. GOOD. MOVIE. AT. A. TIME!
    CyberLord
    Smashing 37 arch-villains into raisins with his bare-hands since 1971!

Comment

Originally posted by Pencilero View Post
      Hopefully DC fans can begin to expect some decent comic book movies now? Hopefully?
      Hopefully!

According to Deadline, the studio is considering Michael B. Jordan, who starred in Marvel’s “Black Panther,” to play Superman.
      Nevermind...

Money can't buy you happiness, but it will pay for the search.

Comment

COUGH, COUGH .... The Dark Knight and Dark Knight Rises. Both IMO better than all Marvel films.

And I think Affleck was fine as Batman, the film was just boring as shit.

Comment

Originally posted by Popninja View Post

Hopefully!

Nevermind...
          Haha - yeah, that's pretty funny. While there's a precedent for a Superman of Earth 23, it wouldn't be pitched or marketed as such.

The Multiverse has been better explored and played with on the CW TV shows.

What would be interesting, since China is such a massive market for these movies and Crazy Rich Asians did well at the Box Office domestically - is to cash in on both markets with a New Super-man movie. It was a really fun series, despite some rough interior art from imitation Capullo.

You wouldn't need to explain the Multiverse to casual movie fans, since apparently there's no overlap in DC / WB fanbases.

Unfortunately it appears New Super-man is being memory holed. Most recently I was bummed out that during a DC sale on Comixology with a Superman sub category - no volumes of New Superman were on sale.

Well, Bernard Chang killed it on the covers.

Comment

This guy makes a great point. The Zack Snyder vs. Michael Bay was on point.

My twitter!
            Tumblr blog
            Got a Facebook
            My portfolio

Comment

Originally posted by Guru_George View Post
              This guy makes a great point. The Zack Snyder vs. Michael Bay was on point.

This is a tough call for me, because unlike the rest of the world - I didn't hold Nolan's police procedural with capes in high regard. In fact, I believe the reason I enjoyed Dark Knight Rises so much is because it was the end of that era in the form of stupid voice character versus stupid voice character.

Nolan may be "smarter" than Snyder and Bay, but he's also not an action director. Like a stereotypical bookish kid at school, he includes "action scenes" because that is what you do in blockbuster movies, but absolutely nothing about his action sequences is memorable or remarkable. Even his movie about dreams is dull as hell. Inception is the poor man's Dreamscape.

I remember a lot of dreams, and try to keep a journal to mine them for ideas; and let me tell you - if my dreams were as boring as Inception, I'd rather forget them.

In a nutshell, if Snyder is the poor man's Bay; Nolan is the poor man's Mann.

Comment

This is a tough call for me, because unlike the rest of the world - I didn't hold Nolan's police procedural with capes in high regard. In fact, I believe the reason I enjoyed Dark Knight Rises so much is because it was the end of that era in the form of stupid voice character versus stupid voice character.

Nolan may be "smarter" than Snyder and Bay, but he's also not an action director. Like a stereotypical bookish kid at school, he includes "action scenes" because that is what you do in blockbuster movies, but absolutely nothing about his action sequences is memorable or remarkable. Even his movie about dreams is dull as hell. Inception is the poor man's Dreamscape
                I enjoyed Christopher Nolan's movies for what they were, it was the fighting scenes that seem to be the weakest, the last fight with Bane looks like they were not even making contact.

I remember a lot of dreams, and try to keep a journal to mine them for ideas; and let me tell you - if my dreams were as boring as Inception, I'd rather forget them.

In a nutshell, if Snyder is the poor man's Bay; Nolan is the poor man's Mann.
                I enjoy writing down my dreams as well.

I think going forward into the new DC universe there must be one clear thing they need to do is have people who have written a DC comic book and is experienced with the source material.
                My twitter!
                Tumblr blog
                Got a Facebook
                My portfolio

Comment

Geoff Johns is on it.

Johns is a respected creative talent, known for his prodigious knowledge of comic book lore and his deep ties to the fanboy community. That hasn’t translated into successful movies, however.

DC’s film division has struggled to match the track record of rival Marvel, which keeps releasing one blockbuster after another as its cinematic universe of costumed heroes continues to grow. DC did hit the zeitgeist with last summer’s “Wonder Woman,” but struck out with last fall’s “Justice League,” an embarrassing film flop that Johns produced. Other recent efforts such as “Suicide Squad” and “Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice” did well at the box office, but were critically excoriated.

Johns co-wrote and executive produced “Aquaman,” which will debut globally on Dec. 21. He is also writing and executive producing the second installment of the “Wonder Woman” franchise. That film hits theaters in November 2019.
                  I know people love to throw him under the bus for Green Lantern, but his involvement in that one was minimal and it was a mess. Pinning the failure of the Green Lantern movie on Johns is like blaming the guy stocking the shelves at Wal-mart for low wages.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X