Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

It only took 10 years and a billion crappy movies, but Volkswagen finally caved!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It only took 10 years and a billion crappy movies, but Volkswagen finally caved!

Bumblebee trailer

I appreciate that this new thing looks like the old thing I watched when I was young, stupid, and being indoctrinated into consumerism!

Now, I need to see who is directing it.
    New and improved for 1996!
    Instagram: Pencilero

Originally posted by Pencilero View Post
    Now, I need to see who is directing it.
    Travis Knight, director of Kubo and the Two Strings, which is interesting, but that trailer was not.

Money can't buy you happiness, but it will pay for the search.

Comment

Yeah, looked pretty generic - but I mean, is that an improvement from the relentless noise of Michael Bay?

The bar is so damn low.

Like the DC Cinematic Universe.

All you need to do to be "good" is not aggressively suck.

Comment

I'm shocked that it looks pretty good. I actually kind of want to see this now.

I mean, they finally decided to make character designs that I'm able to read, and recognize as the characters they're adapting. Rather than having them look like overly detailed messes that look like an assortment of scrap metal. So it's already got a leg up over any of the previous films.

Gives me hope that the story and action will be decent too.

Comment

Nice can't wait to see it, but does kinda have a slight M. Bay feel
          "Swiper no Swiping" - da da da Dora the Explorer

Comment

So he’s a Beetle again? I wonder if this will transfer over to toys and video games.

It was a shame he wasn’t a Beetle in Devastation.

Comment

It also says it’s set in the 80s! I might go see this!

Comment

Definite improvement, still a bit too many Michael bay type elements in the designs for me, personally I'd like to see something closer to the toons facially, but definitely better.
                If thats Starscream, he looked pretty cool.
                Pummel- LHW -W 9-L 4-KO 7

Comment

Originally posted by stoat View Post
                  Definite improvement, still a bit too many Michael bay type elements in the designs for me, personally I'd like to see something closer to the toons facially, but definitely better.
                  If thats Starscream, he looked pretty cool.
                  I agree, but this is closer to the mark than Bay and company ever came.

This new teaser seals it for me. This is the first Transformers movie I will see that isn't TF1984.

SPOILER! HIGHLIGHT TO READ:
                  I only watches Bayformers 1 with Rifftrax, and even then it was a chore.

Comment

OHHHHH SHHHHHHIIIIIIII!!!!

SPOILER! HIGHLIGHT TO READ:
                    SHOCKWAVE!

Some of the faces are busy to a fault, like the red and blue characters (triple changers?), but other stuff is acceptably good. Starscream despite the busy face details manages to look like Starscream. It's like the shape is there, buried under excess detail.

I'm optimistic.

Perhaps the Transformers needed to go through it's "black leather" phase, early '00 era comic book movie style before we could get to a comfy G1 inspired place?

So many Decepticons that I recognize! I'm digging it.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X