Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 360 and Netflix

Anyone play around with it yet?
    Tell us all about it. How does it work? Do you need a PC to get it working with the 360? (sorry, I'm on a Mac and do not have a 360. I haven't had a chance to play around with things)

Is it a fast stream or do you download the movie?
    Easy to use?
    Same fee as netflix has currently?

Speak! Speak!
    Sometimes I feel like I am merely the instrument/agent for my best ideas. - Paul Pope

First off, you can do the instant viewing on a Mac now...it's been available a couple weeks.

I haven't used it on my 360, going off just watching it on my computer, but I don't think there's a fee to watch instantly...I don't think there's a fee for it at all anywhere. And it works as a fast stream, and only downloads so far ahead, so you can't really let the whole thing download and watch. My experience is that it goes ahead only by a few minutes, but it's not usually an issue. If there's a slowdown it reconfigures your connection to avoid any future interruptions. Sometimes there's audio/video synch problems, but it usually resolves itself.

I've been watching a ton of movies online since it's become available on Mac and I'm really happy with it so far. I just hope they continue to add more movies to watch instantly, even though what they have now is still quite a long list.

Comment

Friend has it so i was able to check it out.

Don't need a PC just a netflix account,and have Xboxlive access.

If you have a wireless router or leach will need to get a wireless adapter for your 360.

It's a fast stream depending on how good your Cable/DSL service is.

It's easy to use,just have to put in your acount info.

Same fees as Netflix. Just need one of there basic accounts with unlimited streaming.

Video quality is under DVD,more like Standard definition stuff you get on your tv

Library is not all of there titles right now,but they promise it will get bigger.

Sony has blocked most of there Columbia titles from the 360 as of now.

Video Quality on the very few HD titles they have is alright,not blueray tho.

360 can play most of the stuff on your computer so netflix on there is just a plus.
      Think of the 360 as a media extender from your computer to your tv.
      Last edited by 50%grey; 11-21-2008, 03:07 PM.
      “Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art.” ― Andy Warhol

Comment

I Use it on the 360.

You first download the Netflix app.
        Then need access to the Netflix website to input the activation code from the 360 app. You also need to access the website to add movies to the instant queue, so it will be available in your 360. Then just watch em.

Like kman said, it basically buffers the movie while you play and as far as I could see, no lag. But this also depends on your connection. For instance, for a low connection, it won't lag, but the quality will take a hit so as to not fall behind and start lagging.

Decided to start it out with JLA: New Frontier. Quality was superb! There were times where I would go for the cable remote to pause it cause I thought it was on cartoon network. There were no digital artifacts either, very clean. No lag.
        Very happy with it. Still need to try HD content though.
        || DeviantART || PUMMEL Stats || XLIVE & PSN: clarkspark

Comment

It's a very nice bargain if you like to watch tv and movies.
          9.00 is the basic account which gets you one dvd out at a time and unlimited streaming to pc/tivo/360.
          For an extra dollar you can get bluerays as well.

Netflix library is excellent.
          “Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art.” ― Andy Warhol

Comment

Originally posted by kman View Post
            First off, you can do the instant viewing on a Mac now...it's been available a couple weeks.
            Correction -- you can do it on an Intel Mac. I can use it on my Powerbook Pro, but on my slightly older but more powerful G5 I can't, kind of annoying. But whatever.

That said, I was playing around w/ it on 360 last nite and it's pretty sweet. I got a whole season of 30 Rock and there was no buffer time whatsoever, and it was in HD. I was really impressed.
            Kharupt.com
            Kidkalig.deviantart.com
            Twitter.com/kharyrandolph

Comment

I subscribed to the service last week,and it has been the best purchase ever.
              I'm doing the 8.99 package with the blue ray.

Unlimited streaming on the 360 and PS3 is the incredible if you are Movie person like myself.
              Just the documentary section alone is worth the membership.

Well played Netflix,well played.

Comment

Just another reason for me not to get cable or Tivo or whatever.

I'm really enjoying watching Netflix on my tv and it makes movie night pretty easy for me and the wife. Plus when I have my godsons over or my niece, I can just turn on a cartoon without having to grab a stack of dvds.

Comment

I've had an AppleTV for a few weeks now, and I'm really digging it. It's easy enough to use Handbrake to convert my AVI shows to MP4 for iTunes. And since I modified it to run Boxee, I can watch Hulu and files anywhere on my computer instead of just iTunes. Pretty sweet.

My Internet connection is kinda stupid- pretty fast sometimes, mediocre more often. I don't think Netflix streaming would be the best option for me.
                  Downer IllustrationTumblrTwitterDeviantArtDracula The Unconquered

Comment

We should do a "what movie do you recommend this week from Netflix streaming"thread.

I watched Angel-A by Luc Besson last night and it was awesome.

Comment

You need the xbox live gold access though, right? So there's no additional fee on top of what you already pay to netflix and to microsoft...
                      Artblog!

Comment

Yeah you need the gold. Just an xbox gold account and a netflix account.

You can also get playon for 30 bucks which will work on both the PS3 and 360. Just can't watch the HD versions of the stream.

There Streaming Library so far is pretty good. Only thing you can't watch on the 360 version is something made by Sony Pictures.
                        Like the movie I watched last night Angel-A I had to stream through Playon because it would not show up in my 360 Que.

Comment

Originally posted by 50%grey View Post
                          We should do a "what movie do you recommend this week from Netflix streaming"thread.
                          I made a netflix queue/recommendation thread a week or so ago and nobody posted in it. [/whine]

it's a good idea for a thread, though.

that's why i already did it

Comment

I'm going to start a new thread,BUT I will acknowledge you as the creator

Comment

I love it!

I have it on my 360 and I've already watched tons of streaming moies. I also have a wireless connection but the quality is great if it is close to your router.

The big gripe i have is that any films made by Sony Pictures or it's subsadaries are not avaliable for streaming.
                              evErywhErE I walk...thErE's a brEEze..
                              My Graphic Novel: VILLAIN
                              My Store: The Art of 2B
                              deviantART
                              Art Blog
                              PUMMEL stats: wins 22 | losses 16 | KOs 4

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X