Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"22 Jump Street" Official Movie Thread

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • "22 Jump Street" Official Movie Thread



    yup...looks hilarious, but i'll see it on DVD, even though i loved the first one!
    dmario.org - business up front!

    dEVIANTart - party in the back!

  • #2
    Sorry for shooting your penis off!
    www.keithdustin.com

    Ron Burgandy is down! and it is Baddd!

    The worm has turned and it's packing an uzi!

    Comment


    • #3
      I'm not sure about this one.

      Different team of directors. I really like the Cloudy w/ A Chance of Meatballs guys, so I'll be following them to the Lego Movie.
      New and improved for 1996!
      Instagram: Pencilero

      Comment


      • #4
        Wasn't 21 Jump street the name of the precinct? Bah! I dunno.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by CrazyDiamond View Post
          Wasn't 21 Jump street the name of the precinct? Bah! I dunno.
          The Korean's bought the church, they moved across the street.
          New and improved for 1996!
          Instagram: Pencilero

          Comment


          • #6
            I have to admit it does look a lot funnier than the first one (that I believe I liked.)
            Light Heavy W-38 L-15 KO-18
            deviant art
            tumblr
            PJ blog

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Pencilero View Post
              I'm not sure about this one.

              Different team of directors. I really like the Cloudy w/ A Chance of Meatballs guys, so I'll be following them to the Lego Movie.
              It's still by the same directors duo.

              I do hope the movie is a bit more than just a rehash of the same storybeats in a different location. The trailer shows they are self aware about that, but that's not going to help them if it's still just more of the same. I expect a little more creativity from the guys that made Cloudy.
              But maybe the trailer is misleading and the movie is even stranger than the last one.

              Comment


              • #8
                ? I don't get it, this looks like the worst movie ever made. Did anybody literally laugh out loud at any part of this trailer?
                JOIN US - You have nothing to lose but your chains.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Yes. In fact, it made me watch the first movie, just to see what I missed. I'd avoided it until now. It was hilarious and I'm looking forward to the sequel.
                  Cheers, Alex

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by jharker View Post
                    It's still by the same directors duo.

                    I do hope the movie is a bit more than just a rehash of the same storybeats in a different location. The trailer shows they are self aware about that, but that's not going to help them if it's still just more of the same. I expect a little more creativity from the guys that made Cloudy.
                    But maybe the trailer is misleading and the movie is even stranger than the last one.
                    That's good to know.

                    Last I heard they weren't attached to the project. I hope this is just as nutty and not them cashing in. Though I wouldn't blame them.

                    As for the worst movie ever made - I guess some folks are lucky they weren't alive during the direct to video home rental market. Ahhhh - the good old days.
                    New and improved for 1996!
                    Instagram: Pencilero

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by hadesillustrations View Post
                      Yes. In fact, it made me watch the first movie, just to see what I missed. I'd avoided it until now. It was hilarious and I'm looking forward to the sequel.
                      I avoided EVERYTHING about this movie when it first came out. Then the buzz was it was genuinely funny.
                      I wanted a "dark and gritty reboot" and i hate comedy reboots (Starsky & Hutch, etc)

                      so i rented it on dvd and my wife and i laughed our asses off. It was great and silly.
                      dmario.org - business up front!

                      dEVIANTart - party in the back!

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by dmario View Post
                        I avoided EVERYTHING about this movie when it first came out. Then the buzz was it was genuinely funny.
                        I wanted a "dark and gritty reboot" and i hate comedy reboots (Starsky & Hutch, etc)

                        so i rented it on dvd and my wife and i laughed our asses off. It was great and silly.
                        Seriously?

                        Even as a teen I thought the premise was laughable. That early Fox Network cheese all over it.

                        I was glad this got the treatment it deserved as an absurd comedy.

                        If only Land of the Lost delivered the goods to skewer Sid & Marty Krofft in a similar fashion.
                        New and improved for 1996!
                        Instagram: Pencilero

                        Comment

                        Unconfigured Ad Widget

                        Collapse
                        Working...
                        X