Ant-Man (movie)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ant-Man (movie)

What do you guys think of this movie being made?

It wouldn't be my first choice of Marvel heroes, but I can see it being interesting enough.
    My Deviant Art page
    My PUMMEL stats
    PUMMEL stats: 61 wins | 58 losses | 31 KOs
    2 Time Heavyweight Champion
    Light Heavyweight Commissioner

It has the potential to be good - given the visual coolness of his powers.

Also, the character's background opens up tons of new potential story arcs for further Avengers movies (Ultron etc).
    Successful kickstarter UPDATE PAGE

Comment

At first I was like, whaaaaa? But it makes sense like Beastie said. You can intro a lot of story elements that the Avengers doesn't have time to deal with and then easily bring the resolution into A2. Specifically the abusive nature of Hank towards Janet, and then set him up for an @$$kicking by Cap in A2. Ultron as the established bad in A2 as well, similar to how Loki was in A1. His story, told in Thor, just allowed him to do his thing with little explanation in the Avengers. Hank being responsible for Ultron's creation could carry over to a2. Joss likes his characters more gray, and Hank is perfect for that.

Comment

Why so sure it'll be Hank? What if we got Scott Lang... or Eric O'Grady?
        PTX40: Magnetizin' babes since '88.
        ---
        My site: http://crimeroyale.deviantart.com/
        My webcomic: http://blue-blaster.com/

Comment

I have a strong feeling that the whole "abusive nature" thing will not be a major story element of any movie. Unless of course by abusive you mean "ignores her because he has more important shit to do" (a la animated series), then carry on.
          Light Heavy W-38 L-15 KO-18
          deviant art
          tumblr
          PJ blog

Comment

I've see some footage from this and it looks great!
            Jack Kirby Centennial Tribute Book is free to download.

Joining you in the ABCs of faith - Action, Belief and Confidence

Comment

If he makes anything close to Scott Pilgrim it will be amazing.
              “Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art.” ― Andy Warhol

Comment

@Symson - I listened to a 'description' of the test footage and it sounded pretty cool. Would LOVE to see it.

@50%grey - I'd be happy if it wasn't anything like Scott Pilgrim.
                Successful kickstarter UPDATE PAGE

Comment

Yeah I don't get that, but everyone has there own opinion on that film...

Amazing script, Casting was perfect, Actors delivered A+++ performances, Music/editing/directing was a work of art, as well as the best cinematographer to ever work in movies.

When you are better then the source material you know you are doing well, and really Edgar created the perfect marriage between indie comics and film that has never been seen before.

All that ,and its just a good film...
                  “Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art.” ― Andy Warhol

Comment

I've heard that it will be the guy who stole the suit and helmet. (Im assuming that's Scott Lang, apologies if im wrong on the name)

Comment

I'm just excited Edgar Wright is making another movie. Whether it's Ant-Man or whatever else is besides the point.
                      CORKTOWN #1-2 on Comixology

Comment

Originally posted by Beastie View Post
                        same here....
                        DON'T CLICK
                        http://nickguy0320.deviantart.com/
                        http://www.penciljack.com/forum/show...php?71084-Doom
                        I miss when we all drew like Joe MAD and argued about the Matrix

Comment

I hope Simon Pegg and Nick Frost make a cameo, sure there's no real reason for them to, but they're such comics fans it'd sure be fun!

hopehopehope they at least allude to ultron for a potental avengers baddie
                          P.R. Scholtz
                          Tumblr
                          DeviantArt
                          Twitter
                          My Wife can beat up your Dad

Comment

Scott Pilgrim is probably the best non-superhero comic book movie made so far. It isnt particularly high on the list at Rotten Tomatoes but that is because their algorithm is flawed.
                            Light Heavy W-38 L-15 KO-18
                            deviant art
                            tumblr
                            PJ blog

Comment

I'd read somewhere that edgars intention is to go with hank for a retro intro and then pick up with scott.edgar and joe cornish who was attached for ages have spoken often about their love for scott.love to see that test footage.
                              Pummel- LHW -W 9-L 4-KO 7

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X