• Show
Clear All

• THE HOBBIT Official Movie Thread!

AWESOME!!!!!

Last edited by Bozzilla; 12-20-2011, 10:32 PM. Reason: nagging
    my tumblr

facebook

This is going to be a tough wait.
    Money can't buy you happiness, but it will pay for the search.

Comment

some of you have been on this board, HOW long?

and still don't know how to post a video?

dmario.org - business up front!

dEVIANTart - party in the back!

Comment

A whole friggin' year!! how can Peter Jackson tease us like this??

calm down dmario... it was the first link I found and it was a quick time video!
        my tumblr

facebook

Comment

This looks awesome, BUT again I am always a little hot and cold with prequels. Ending a series with the Beginning just seems so BACKWARDS.
          "The next time I let Superman take charge, just hit me REAL hard" -Batman
          http://www.penciljack.com/forum/showthread.php?t=80062
          The only person I need to out draw is myself!

Comment

Should be fun.
            Open for commissions.
            Art Blog: http://mackartwork.blogspot.com/
            Please PM me or drop me a e-mail at [email protected]

Comment

Man, what is this youtube crap?

http://trailers.apple.com/trailers/wb/thehobbit/

QUICKTIME, people! For proper frame-by-frame love!!

It's my preciousssssss...

Okay, hyperbole aside, Martin Freeman looks surprisingly good in this. I mean, I'd heard, but now I can see it. I kinda wish Thorin had a real beard, he looks awful young, but maybe this is in proper keeping with the original story. I confess, I am quite spoilt by the old Rankin-Bass production and too many decades of D&D.

Nevertheless, I'm entirely sold.

I still don't buy the notion I hear, though, that this movie covers the whole book. I somehow expect it to stop pretty much right at the Lonely Mountain, or at least right before the Battle of Five Armies. Either makes a pretty good cliffhanger point to hold us up for ANOTHER year.

Ach... a whole year we must wait even now. Blarghleflarg.
              ONLINE PORTFOLIO
              DevArt

"If something's getting made, then someone's getting paid."

Comment

Just figured out what bothers me about Thorin... He looks a bit like a Klingon.

At any rate, further on the whole idea that this covers the book from end to end, I can't identify a single scene here that I could positively place past Mirkwood... the couple of shots with Dwarves covered in cobwebs are likely from the encounter with the giant spiders, and we know Orlando Bloom is in this so he probably shows up when the Wood Elves take 'em prisoner (being as Legolas is the prince of the Wood Elves).

I'm definitely thinking this first film either ends with the Lonely Mountain on the horizon, or with the Battle of Five Armies about to begin. Maybe with the reveal of Smaug... I could see the death of Smaug being a good place to stop, 'cause there's plenty of action past that point, and the current rumour is that the second film is more about bridging The Hobbit with The Lord of the Rings, using Tolkien's background material about what Gandalf was doing after he leaves the group at Mirkwood, and how Saruman falls to Sauron, and so forth.
                Last edited by Inkthinker; 12-21-2011, 01:38 AM.
                ONLINE PORTFOLIO
                DevArt

"If something's getting made, then someone's getting paid."

Comment

I was reminded this week that it's been 10 years since the Fellowship came out. Which makes me feel incredibly old, first of all, but putting that in perspective it's funny to see you guys talk how we still have to wait one whole year for this film .

I really hope the film lives up to it, but I'm so glad the trailer makes it seem like no time has passed at all. Gives me hope that it'll fit in seamlessly with the other films and that this won't be another Star Wars/Indiana Jones like dissapointment.

Comment

boring, reboot.
                    Holla

Comment

I poo poo'd in my pants a little.

I loved that book as a kid, and can't wait for this.

Why the year wait, though? Strategic, or is it just a perfectionist editing thing?
                      My Deviant Art page
                      My PUMMEL stats
                      PUMMEL stats: 61 wins | 58 losses | 31 KOs
                      2 Time Heavyweight Champion
                      Light Heavyweight Commissioner

Comment

Originally posted by Inkthinker View Post

I still don't buy the notion I hear, though, that this movie covers the whole book. I somehow expect it to stop pretty much right at the Lonely Mountain, or at least right before the Battle of Five Armies. Either makes a pretty good cliffhanger point to hold us up for ANOTHER year.
                        this is only the first part. the second part is coming out in december 2013 :-)

Originally posted by Juggertha View Post

Why the year wait, though? Strategic, or is it just a perfectionist editing thing?
                        I think it's because all the LOTR movies came out shortly before christmas so they release the hobbit at the same time so you have this "nostalgic" feeling of LOTR again
                        my tumblr

facebook

Comment

But, the world is going to end on Dec 23 next year so they could just premiere BOTH movies. XD
                          "Sometimes you get what you want.
                          Sometimes you get experience."

-unknown

........-.........-..........-.........-..........-.........-........
                          PUMMEL W: 11 L: 8 K-O:4 N-S:

Comment

for a non lotr reader whats the appeal of watching something that already happened...pre lotr trilogy. where it would have less action...less battles less monsters ..
                            Holds 20X Its Weight In Liquid

Comment

I've heard a few people say that the trailer lacks the immediacy of the other LotR films, but I think it's just fine. After all, it's just a trailer. As soon as I heard the first note of that haunting music, I was back in Middle Earth! I can't wait for this! I'm sure it is not gonna dissappoint....

ikarus
                              eejits :: A curious collection o' creatures ::

The shop o' eejits :: The 1st eejits BOOK now ON SALE! ::

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X