**** Official Spider-Man reboot movie thread ****

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• **** Official Spider-Man reboot movie thread ****

Well we have our Peter and Gwen Stacy, so I figured I'd make the official thread.

Andrew Garfield was cast over the summer to play Peter Parker, you can see his acting skillz in his latest movie, The Social Network.

And now it has been confirmed that Emma Roberts (Superbad, Zombieland, Easy A) will be Gwen Stacey, after a few days of rumors that she'd be playing Mary Jane, with the red hair and all. Emma is actually a natural blonde, but what's with Sony casting these flip flopping hair colors for the girls?

http://www.superherohype.com/news/ar...-in-spider-man

Emma Stone has been cast as the female lead in the upcoming Spider-Man film from Columbia Pictures and Marvel Studios, it was announced today by Amy Pascal, co-chairman of Sony Pictures Entertainment and Matt Tolmach, president of Columbia Pictures.Stone has been tapped for the role of Gwen Stacy opposite Andrew Garfield as Peter Parker. The film, to be directed by Marc Webb from a screenplay by James Vanderbilt and produced by Avi Arad and Laura Ziskin, will begin production in December and will be released in theaters nationwide in 3D on July 3, 2012.

The casting continues an association between Sony Pictures Entertainment and the actress, who previously starred in Superbad, The House Bunny, and Zombieland, all for Columbia Pictures; she may currently be seen in Screen Gems’ hit comedy Easy A, and takes a cameo role in Screen Gems’ upcoming Friends with Benefits.

Commenting on the announcement, Tolmach said, “It’s been an incredible journey for us to watch Emma’s star rise as an actress. She is extraordinarily talented and has a very special on-screen spark that is perfect for this role. Given her history with the studio, casting her in one of our most important franchises is a real thrill.”

Webb added, “The chemistry between Andrew and Emma was stunning and made Emma the clear choice. At the heart of the story of Peter Parker is not only the amazing Spider-Man, but also an ordinary teenager who is wondering what he has to do to get the girl. Andrew and Emma will bring everything audiences expect to these roles, but also make them their own. Much to my surprise, it was fun to find out that our choice for Gwen (Emma) is also a natural blonde.”

Emma Stone can currently be seen starring in Screen Gems’ hit comedy Easy A. Next year, she will star in Warner Bros.’ Crazy, Stupid, Love opposite Steve Carell and Ryan Gosling and in The Help, the adaptation of Kathryn Stockett’s bestselling novel; she also takes a cameo role in Screen Gems’ Friends with Benefits and will voice a role in DreamWorks Animation’s comedy The Croods. Stone’s recent credits include Paperman, Zombieland, Ghosts of Girlfriends Past, The House Bunny, The Rocker, and Superbad.

I still think it's too soon for a reboot. Yeah, Spidey 3 wasn't extraordinary, but it wasn't horrible either. And, let's be realistic, making close to 900 MILLION DOLLARS worldwide(more than its previous installments), it was a huge huge hit. So, I don't see the point to this reboot at all. It will be very confusing to people. I'm already confused.
    Money can't buy you happiness, but it will pay for the search.

Comment

Originally posted by Popninja View Post
      I still think it's too soon for a reboot. Yeah, Spidey 3 wasn't extraordinary, but it wasn't horrible either. And, let's be realistic, making close to 900 MILLION DOLLARS worldwide(more than its previous installments), it was a huge huge hit. So, I don't see the point to this reboot at all. It will be very confusing to people. I'm already confused.
      Batman Begins 7 years. Spiderman is gonna be running around 6 or 7 years.

Comment

Originally posted by malachimanson View Post
        Ah ... but the previous Batman movies sucked donkey butt. Spiderman 1 and 2 were great ... 3 was okay, and hell they are still selling toys from it. I am with the Ninja this is to soon.
        "The next time I let Superman take charge, just hit me REAL hard" -Batman
        http://www.penciljack.com/forum/showthread.php?t=80062
        The only person I need to out draw is myself!

Comment

too soon?

this news is better than a girl who says yes too soon,
          until you have a daughter, that what i call karma
          and you hope that she doesn't grow breasts too soon

I'm all for it.
          dmario.org - business up front!

dEVIANTart - party in the back!

Comment

Seriously, if they just focus on Peter and Gwen in the first movie, with Norman and Harry as supporting characters, but no Goblin yet, it could really work. The first villain could be any number of ones we haven't seen yet; Electro, Lizard, Rhino, Kraven, Shocker, Vulture, etc. My money is on Lizard, since Pete will be a freshman in college (apparently Sony decided to bump him up to college after they cast Garfield since he was 28) and his teacher will be Dr. Connors most likely.

2nd movie, turn Norman in Goblin and have him kill Gwen at the end. If MJ is introduced in the beginning of the 2nd movie as the "2nd woman" and ends up becoming a friend first for Peter by movies end.

3rd movie, new villain, MJ and Pete get serious, but keep the wedding out of it, that shouldn't happen till like the 6th movie if they ever get there.

Comment

They mentioned before about bumping up Peters age to match Andrew, but why do they still refer to Peter Parker as a "teen?"

Comment

Originally posted by joekey View Post
                They mentioned before about bumping up Peters age to match Andrew, but why do they still refer to Peter Parker as a "teen?"
                Maybe because he'll play an 18 yr old college student?

Comment

I hope we get to see Uncle Ben die again.
                  Holla

Comment

for those of you who say that spidey 3 wasn't awful, watch it again. especially taken after spidey 2 (being pretty good), it is a pretty horrible movie on all levels--script (dancing peter, action scene w/ commentary at the end), plotting (venom couldn't kill peter when he was OUT COLD in the church tower? instead he had to go have a bad-guy-team-up with sandman? come on), action, characters (again, dancing peter?!!?), acting (DANCING PETER!?), etc.
                    granted, this is just my opinion, but to me, it even made the first two almost unwatchable.

does this mean that they should do a reboot? ehhhh i dunno.
                    INSTRUMENTAL GRAPHIC NOVEL + SOUNDTRACK now available!
                    CLICK HERE

Comment

3 was terrible. you guys smoke too much. I walked out angry.

I welcome a reboot. I want to see curt connors and rhino for godsakes.
                      Pummel: Wins: 35|Losses: 9|Knockouts: 26|Months Champion:7

https://www.instagram.com/teratophile.art/

Comment

Originally posted by malachimanson View Post
                        The Spidey trilogy is a billion dollar plus franchise just domestically. Yes, 3 was a misstep, but as a whole, the franchise would have been fine without a reboot. It is way too soon. With Batman, fans were starving for a reboot. Schumacher shit all over that property. Fortunately, it got the refresher is so justly deserved. I don't think that Spidey 3 was "Batman & Robin" bad. I just don't see the point at all.
                        Money can't buy you happiness, but it will pay for the search.

Comment

Originally posted by Teratophile View Post
                          3 was terrible.

dmario.org - business up front!

dEVIANTart - party in the back!

Comment

I agree with Pop, it's not needed. Let's get to some of the better stories out there, like Who Killed Jean DeWolff, or the clone saga. (joking on the second one, no, really...)
                            Check out Film Grouch!

Wanna be uncool? Unhip? Unhung? Join the Monkey Revolution!

Amadarwin's unauthorized, unscathing, unfinished biography.

Comment

Originally posted by Spooko View Post
                              I hope we get to see Uncle Ben die again.
                              this567890
                              DON'T CLICK
                              http://nickguy0320.deviantart.com/
                              http://www.penciljack.com/forum/show...php?71084-Doom
                              I miss when we all drew like Joe MAD and argued about the Matrix

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X