Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• **X-Men: First Class official movie thread**

http://www.superherohype.com/news/ar...and-a-director

It's been touch and go for the last week, but Kick-Ass director Matthew Vaughn has been confirmed to helm X-Men: First Class, 20th Century Fox's prequel to the lucrative franchise based on the Marvel Comics super-team. Not only have they signed Vaughn, directing his third movie in a row based on comic material, but Fox is confident enough in his abilities to set a release date for June 3, 2011, a little less than 13 months from today.

Basing the movie around a concept by Bryan Singer, director of the first two movies who had already committed to direct Jack the Giant Killer, Fox hired the writing team behind Marvel Studios' Thor, Ashley Miller and Zack Stentz, to do a few rewrites on the script with plans to start making the movie this summer. Singer will co-produce along with Lauren Shuler Donner and Simon Kinberg. So far, no cast has been announced including whether Patrick Stewart will return as Professor Charles Xavier or whether Hugh Jackman will reprise his role as Wolverine.

The new release date puts the movie in competition against DreamWorks Animation's sequel Kung Fu Panda: The Kaboom of Doom and opening two weeks before Warner Bros.' Green Lantern.

20th Century Fox has provided ComingSoon.net/SuperHeroHype with this description of the movie:

"X-Men: First Class, following the classic Marvel mythology, charts the epic beginning of the X-Men saga. Before Charles Xavier and Erik Lensherr took the names Professor X and Magneto, they were two young men discovering their powers for the first time. Before they were archenemies, they were closest of friends, working together, with other Mutants (some familiar, some new), to stop the greatest threat the world has ever known. In the process, a rift between them opened, which began the eternal war between Magneto’s Brotherhood and Professor X’s X-Men."

RUSHED and directors changed at the last minute, means this will be nothing more than a Wolverine Origins level of failure.
    dmario.org - business up front!

dEVIANTart - party in the back!

Comment

This sounds terrible.
      Pages, Updates, and Sketches on My Blog

Follow me on Twitter

Comment

So this is basically a Green Lantern cockblocking then?
        BLOG : NODa

Comment

Wait a movie that has been in the works since after Wolverine was released is a rush job???? and Singer is still involved its not like he straight up and is gone now.

Comment

I must admit I'm surprised. If I dropped out of directing a franchise film due to the constraints of a studio, I wouldn't then rush to a job where I have even more constraints. "I quit my job as a sewage worker, and now I'm sifting it by hand...for the same people!"
            We did it! Issue 20 Subconcious Pt 1 is up now! Thanks to all who have contributed and supported us! http://reynardcity.com/the-comics/is...concious-pt-1/

Comment

Eh as long as Patrick Stewart and Ian McKellen are in it I'll be happy
              PUMMEL stats!
              Wins-5 / Loss-10 / KO's: 3

My Band website (Sleeze)
              I really don't know what I'm doing (my Art)

Comment

just what we ****ing need. another movie with ****ing MAGNETO in it.
                dmario.org - business up front!

dEVIANTart - party in the back!

Comment

Heard Mark Strong might play Professor X.
                  theGOBLIN
                  DeviantArt Page

Comment

Well, huge bump as first official photo came out today...

http://www.dailyblam.com/news/2011/0...class-released

From left to right... Magneto, Moira McTaggert, Emma Frost, Azazel, Beast, Havoc, Angel Salvadore, Mystique, Xavier

Have to remember it's set in the 60's, more photos supposedly coming out Friday.
                    Last edited by Wingfan; 01-18-2011, 02:29 PM.

Comment

It would just be easier for Marvel to take a large stake and plunge it into my chest. They'll NEVER get it right.
                      Money can't buy you happiness, but it will pay for the search.

Comment

I have hopes it'll be a fun movie though. If it's better than X3 and Wolverine, I'll be satisfied. Vaughn is directing it (guy who did Kick Ass, Layer Cake, Lock Stock) and it's being described as more of a James Bond 60's spy movie. Globe trotting, big sets, action, etc. Trailer is supposed to be out very soon.

First details on the trailer

- The trailer opens with the 20th Century Fox logo which pans up as the two spotlight beams cross and form a white "X" on the left of the screen. A white circle goes around the "X" forming the X-Men logo, as Magneto's helmet comes up on the right.

- Patrick Stewart and Ian Mckellan voice over the opening lines about destiny and which side will you stand for as scenes of each in their previous X-Men movie roles flash until the entire screen flashes from white to black.

- A very young Xavier and Erik meet for the first time, followed by a different angle of the scene from the opening of X-Men in the concentration camp.

- Camera pans outside of an old castle-style building that greatly resembles the X-mansion. McAvoy and Fassbender are seen walking through the halls. The words "One wanted peace" flash by Xavier.

- Scene transitions to Erik yelling dramatically as metal tables in the room begin to float around him. Xavier and Mags shake hands with a tall man in a lab coat introduced as Dr. McCoy.

- The words "The other was too far gone" flash as a very pissed off Erik storms through a hallway killing guards as he passes them.

- Cut scene to what appears to be a red Nightcrawler with swords taking out a room full of people; the close up reveals Azazel's face.

- The Hellfire Club stand next to Xavier on a bed as Emma goes into diamond form. Olver Platt and Kevin Bacon were next to Emma in black aristocratic clothes, with Emma wearing the exact same outfit from the Wolverine and the X-Men cartoon.

- Mystigue on a bed with her skin turning black; Beast is shown transforming, with his feet growing and toes webbing and fur growing.

- Havok shoots a red beam of energy -- looks almost exactly like cyclops's eye beam, but larger -- from his chest (SIDE NOTE: Havok's powers in comics have always had a blue energy, this change may be to relate his character to Cyclops).

- It then shows Beast all blue and furry (looking almost exactly like Kelsey Grammer in make-up) in the pilot seat of a crashing jet, followed by several rockets flying towards an island.

- Xavier's face goes all CGI and his head begins to go bald as he mentally pulls a large ship that was sinking out of the water, as well as some smaller boats around it (seems to allude to Xavier have telekinesis).

- Back to Xavier (with hair) telling Erik he only wanted peace for him, and he replies there was never a chance for anyone to have that.

- Final scene: Erik picks up a black helmet, then he is shown from behind wearing a black and red suit (no cape or coat though) and the helmet. Screen cuts to black and the X-Men: First Class logo shows up (the one described above), then the release date.

Comment

Originally posted by Wingfan View Post
                          Well, huge bump as first official photo came out today...

http://www.dailyblam.com/news/2011/0...class-released

From left to right... Magneto, Moira McTaggert, Emma Frost, Azazel, Beast, Havoc, Angel Salvadore, Mystique, Xavier

Have to remember it's set in the 60's, more photos supposedly coming out Friday.
                          Oh my God. I can't believe the only costume they didn't overhaul for the big screen was Emma Frost's. Mistake. Mistake. Mistake. She looks like a 1980's rock whore. Ugh.
                          Successful kickstarter UPDATE PAGE

Comment

Originally posted by Beastie View Post
                            Oh my God. I can't believe the only costume they didn't overhaul for the big screen was Emma Frost's. Mistake. Mistake. Mistake. She looks like a 1980's rock whore. Ugh.
                            Isn't that the point? It's her 1960's era outfit. She actually has quite a few of them...

Comment

^ This one is much better. It actually says '60s fashion chick' - rather than 80's rock whore.
                              Successful kickstarter UPDATE PAGE

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X