X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Artist's embarrassing moments

Dear Comic Book Enthusiasts,

While flipping through my comics, I regularly come across images that for one reason or another could be described as "plain wrong". No, I am not specifically referring to comic book characters portrayed by for instance a Rob Liefeld: That involves personal taste and is a subject that in my opinion cannot be touched upon. I am however referring to improper anatomy: A character may suddenly have the wrong amount of fingers or the left and right hand have magically switched position.

And then I thought that perhaps there are others that would like to share those images with their fellow Penciljackers. Aside from bringing a smile to our faces, they could also serve as warnings to never make those mistakes ourselves.

I'd like to post one myself to start off with but I am unsure as to wether it is allowed (Copyright and Other Legal Stuff).
    Anyone out there have some info on this?
    "Does it involve unbuttoning my pants?"

Sometimes I feel like I am merely the instrument/agent for my best ideas. - Paul Pope

Comment

Haha. I love that one.

House of M is really gonna shake things up! Woo!

Lookout industry, beware status quo, here comes the House of M!!

*tracetracetrace*
      MC Fumunda - Where's the cheese at?

"my nuts have just gone into tennis-ball mode"

Czech out my podcast - Being a Dudecast

Comment

My favorite part of that picture is how the face doesn't match up to the level of detail applied to copying the photo. And he's got like a huge drop shadow over the right side of his face. It also looks kind of proportionally too big and aligned crooked. So, uh, good job tracing, I guess.
        Draws comics!

Fetorpse.org
        Bletchskog

Comment

I saw a gif that made a pretty convincing case for it not even being a trace; the hands/medals make it look like a basic photomanipulation.
          Apparently ninja revisionist history spread the lie that pirate conquistadors are no match for ninjas.

Comment

wait, what the hell is that from and who did it? was it bradstreet? i like how you can see the edge of the original head peeking out on his right our left side. i guess that supports the case for photomanipulation because if you went to all the trouble to trace (why bother to work so hard?) wouldnt you at least not trace the original head?

Comment

How about in the Baba Yaga short where Mignola gave Hellboy a LEFT hand of doom on the last page?
              You are HUGE! That means you have huge GUTS!

http://corenthal.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by cory w.
                How about in the Baba Yaga short where Mignola gave Hellboy a LEFT hand of doom on the last page?
                What?

Oh god! Oh god no! This can't be real! --Uck. Uagh. Hmnff...
                ***Image removed for crossing the bounds of good taste.***
                Draws comics!

Fetorpse.org
                Bletchskog

Comment

LOL, tis true.

I like to think that he's just keeping all us on our toes. Seeing if we got the things in our heads. What are they called?
                  Your Friendly Neighborhood Chuck Knigge
                  slleq uo dood
                  Gamertag & PSN ID= SeaKnigge
                  Television Zombies

Comment

I can name plenty a few Frank Miller panels but I won't cause I can't remember any of them.
                    Damn this chicks hot.

Comment

Originally posted by astrocity20
                      I can name plenty a few Frank Miller panels but I won't cause I can't remember any of them.
                      that was very helpful. thank you.

ps. i read about the prince of spain thing on newsarama. what ever. that guy is lame... and i still blame bradstreet. i hat that gi.

Comment

Those pesky fingers.

"Talent is cheaper than table salt. What separates the talented individual from the successful one is a lot of hard work."

Comment

Originally posted by vinnlander1313
                          wait, what the hell is that from and who did it? was it bradstreet?
                          That was Mike Mayhew.
                          "Talent is cheaper than table salt. What separates the talented individual from the successful one is a lot of hard work."

Comment

Originally posted by Stark Raving
                            Those pesky fingers.

How the **** does that HAPPEN? When I was little, coloring errors like the TMNT colored with the wrong bandanas, or someone accidnetally filling in teeth skin colored used to bother me so much. How does someone not notice those things? I guess they're not such a big deal, but then shit like this happens. Unless that was done by one person (judging by the two enormous signatures [belonging to people very proud of this piece, obviously] I'm going to guess that it was at least two), an inker and colorist didn't say anything, and then everyone who was involved in publishing that had to either not notice, or not say anything. All of which are indications of a problem in the system.

Unless that character happens to have six fingers on her right hand, I don't know, but it can still be applied to other problems.
                            Draws comics!

Fetorpse.org
                            Bletchskog

Comment

I think most people have seen this one. It's not a mistake, just Quesada bein' sneaky.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X