• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Disney, buying Marvel.

http://www.forbes.com/feeds/ap/2009/...t_6831733.html
    ~My Portfolio~ ~My Facebook~

<PUMMEL stats>

Disney investor call today about Marvel. 800-260-8140 or internationally at 617-614-3672. Pass code is 51214527. At 1015HRS Eastern.
    TV Zombies Podcast

Twitter

Comment

The Mouse buy the House of Ideas

Disney Purchases Marvel....

Wow.

This could be huge for Marvel Animation. What happens to the Disney license of Comics to other companies?
      Last edited by theGOBLIN; 08-31-2009, 09:54 AM.
      theGOBLIN
      DeviantArt Page

Comment

http://www.penciljack.com/forum/showthread.php?t=96668
        TV Zombies Podcast

Twitter

Comment

So um yeah how long till Hanna will become a member of the Avengers?

Comment

Nutty- unsurprisingly, Twitter is full of Marvel/Disney crossover ideas (My fave is Magneto in A Christmas Carol)
            We did it! Issue 20 Subconcious Pt 1 is up now! Thanks to all who have contributed and supported us! http://reynardcity.com/the-comics/is...concious-pt-1/

Comment

It'll probably be a good thing for Marvel, long-term. How different could it be from Warner being able to constantly pump cash into DC just so they have access to the characters for tv and movies?
              TV Zombies Podcast

Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by Chris Piers View Post
                It'll probably be a good thing for Marvel, long-term. How different could it be from Warner being able to constantly pump cash into DC just so they have access to the characters for tv and movies?
                that's exactly what i was thinking, though i'm still not totally sure what to make of this.
                OBEY THE ROBOT HEAD

NOW ON TWITTER

www.natelovett.com
                my deviantart page

Comment

I don't feel like this should change too much...yet I'm panicking anyway. That's weird.
                  Sketch blog
                  http://www.penciljack.com/forum/showthread.php?t=68418

webcomic
                  http://www.justanothersheep.com

deviantart
                  http://literacysuks1.deviantart.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Chris Piers View Post
                    Originally posted by nate lovett View Post
                    that's exactly what i was thinking, though i'm still not totally sure what to make of this.
                    You would think that off hand. Yet Marvel doesn't even own the rights to make films for most of the franchises. Its not like buying marvel out now Disney can pump out a Xmen movie under their logo. It just means Disney will get their logo onto what ever movie that does come out. Contracts still exist and they don't' get voided with a buyout.

Comment

10 years... 4 billion dollars? Not bad for Marvel.

Comment

They have a stripper pole in Avenger's Mansion?

Comment

Originally posted by malachimanson View Post
                          You would think that off hand. Yet Marvel doesn't even own the rights to make films for most of the franchises. Its not like buying marvel out now Disney can pump out a Xmen movie under their logo. It just means Disney will get their logo onto what ever movie that does come out. Contracts still exist and they don't' get voided with a buyout.
                          yeah, i get that. but those rights will expire at some point, such as there's only five more picture, until the paramount deal ends. not too mention all the other characters that have yet to be optioned.

so after iron man 2, thor, avengers, captain america, and one other, disney gets to do whatever movie wise, with them. not sure how long is left for spidey, xmen and FF.
                          OBEY THE ROBOT HEAD

NOW ON TWITTER

www.natelovett.com
                          my deviantart page

Comment

Originally posted by nate lovett View Post
                            yeah, i get that. but those rights will expire at some point, such as there's only five more picture, until the paramount deal ends. not too mention all the other characters that have yet to be optioned.

so after iron man 2, thor, avengers, captain america, and one other, disney gets to do whatever movie wise, with them. not sure how long is left for spidey, xmen and FF.
                            Marvel Studio's already owns Ironman, Thor, Avengers, and Captain America. The fact is Disney could very will shut it down. They won't. Disney is a business. Thus they will do things accordingly. It would be very bad for business to change a working formula. Its about money and they will do what they need for money.

Like I said Marvel Studio's is doing a lot and have contracts that go well past just 3 movies with other companies. I wouldn't even suggest maybe in like ten or so years you might see some changes in the movie formula. Was the xmen contract like 20 years with fox. I'm sure FF and Daredevil were in that contract to but still. You won't see any companies giving up rights to multimillion dollar makers. Disney is just going to get a ton of money from those.

Comment

Did anyone listen to the conference call that Disney just did? I caught the end of it, and spoiler alert: it's about making money. And they did mention the films briefly, and said that they (Disney) weren't touching what Marvel is doing. So there you go, for whatever that's worth.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X