X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Symson
    replied
    Originally posted by Sheldon Fisher View Post
    MLaw, I totally agree, and thank you. I know I completely fudged the flag. I rushed through it without thinking it through. When it comes to backgrounds I'm completely blank. I don't even know where to start with those 99% of the time. It's something I need to find resources on and work at asap. I definitely want to push myself.
    You don"t have to think the flag through. Without any reference, i know the flag has stars that represent the current states and stripes that represent original 13 colonies. I learned that in history class. I only have to do research to see how many states were in the union, when I do a period piece.

Leave a comment:

• Veritas71
    replied
    Veritas, it was a collage piece of my work. I've already switched it out.
    Ok, gotcha. Thanks for the clarification.

Leave a comment:

• Sheldon Fisher
    replied
    Veritas, it was a collage piece of my work. I've already switched it out.

Leave a comment:

• Veritas71
    replied
    Originally posted by Jim View Post
    Bottom one doesn't count and you need a poll.
    Why doesn't the bottom one count?

Leave a comment:

• MLaw
    replied
    MLaw, I totally agree, and thank you. I know I completely fudged the flag. I rushed through it without thinking it through. When it comes to backgrounds I'm completely blank. I don't even know where to start with those 99% of the time. It's something I need to find resources on and work at asap. I definitely want to push myself.
    In your other thread, the perspective thing gets mentioned. Take a look at some of the perspective books for comics and the background thing will sort itself out.

Leave a comment:

• Sheldon Fisher
    replied

Leave a comment:

• MLaw
    replied
    Good character work but backgrounds (lack of) are holding you back and there's something like 130 stars on that US Flag and only 9 stripes. You have a fairly good grasp on anatomy and your cleaner linework reminds me of Terry Dodson, so I think when you eventually level up, it'll be awesome

Leave a comment:

• Sheldon Fisher
    replied
    There is a poll.

Leave a comment:

• Jim
    replied
    Bottom one doesn't count and you need a poll.

Leave a comment:

• Sheldon Fisher
    started a poll Sheldon Weigh-In

Sheldon Weigh-In

Heavy-weight
    0.00%
    Light Heavy-weight
    0.00%
    Middle Weight
    100.00%

The poll is expired.

I know I'm MW, but I have no problem starting from the bottom. I'm here to learn/improve.

Last edited by Sheldon Fisher; 09-02-2015, 12:38 PM.

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
Working...
X