Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pummel 2020

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #61
    We usually allow a few minutes to accommodate the technical issues that can crop up trying to post images online. But longer than that is not fair to your opponent. I remember losing to a guy years ago who was allowed to come in over thirty minutes late. I remember thinking that I could have used another thirty minutes on my entry. I didn't say anything, but I noticed the Pummel commissioners at the time (one of whom was your opponent this month) started being stricter about the deadline after that.
    Pummel Is Back!

    Comment


    • #62
      Originally posted by pell View Post
      We usually allow a few minutes to accommodate the technical issues that can crop up trying to post images online. But longer than that is not fair to your opponent. I remember losing to a guy years ago who was allowed to come in over thirty minutes late. I remember thinking that I could have used another thirty minutes on my entry. I didn't say anything, but I noticed the Pummel commissioners at the time (one of whom was your opponent this month) started being stricter about the deadline after that.
      Yeah, I totally understand and it's ok. I just took a shot at it with trying to submit my entry after the dealine, I'll be more careful about posting my entries on time for the upcoming months. I just felt bad for all the work that went in, to not have it compete, but that's all on me. Thanks again for the response and sorry for the delay.
      https://www.deviantart.com/nygma85

      Comment


      • #63
        After you're around a while you'll probably start feeling itchy as the 25th of the month gets closer, so you won't miss too many deadlines. I used to feel that way during the seventh months Pummel was shut down.
        Pummel Is Back!

        Comment


        • #64
          Wow pell are you picking on me! Haha thats why i retired. I lost 2 different times for being 5 mins late back when i was commish...the rules were super tough then when there was so many people in it. We will meet again Elliot and you did an amazing job on yours!
          Retired Pummel Commissioner
          ► Wins:8 ► Losses:1 ► KO's:4
          Pummel matches....DA Gallery

          Comment


          • #65
            No, I didn't remember that. Wow, do you realize in a few months it will be four years since the old Pummel shut down?
            Pummel Is Back!

            Comment


            • #66
              Originally posted by pell View Post
              After you're around a while you'll probably start feeling itchy as the 25th of the month gets closer, so you won't miss too many deadlines. I used to feel that way during the seventh months Pummel was shut down.
              Yeah, definitely, I'm feel that itch now, ready for the 25th of February to get here. What happened to me this month was that I had finished my entry around the 15th and had it there waiting and then I forgot about it. I'm going to have to set up an alarm or something to make sure I won't forget next month. But yeah, it's fun to participate and the art is great. That spirit of competition tends to bring out the best in us, so I think it's great artistic exercise to compete like this. I wish I would've stumbled upon this earlier, this is great stuff!
              https://www.deviantart.com/nygma85

              Comment


              • #67
                Originally posted by JC Immortal View Post
                Wow pell are you picking on me! Haha thats why i retired. I lost 2 different times for being 5 mins late back when i was commish...the rules were super tough then when there was so many people in it. We will meet again Elliot and you did an amazing job on yours!
                Yeah, definitely! I get the feeling that everyone has faced off against everyone else at least once so yeah, we'll definitely meet again in the future. Thanks for your understanding, I appreciate your kind words and your work was great too, the Thing your drew has the stance of victory and it was his for the taking this month, congrats on the win and on the fine work!
                https://www.deviantart.com/nygma85

                Comment


                • #68
                  My circadian pummel rythm is totally out of wack ^^ Here's what I had in the works.
                  As Pummel Mod it is doubly shameful to forget about the deadline. I got super shitfaced that night, in my defense :P


                  "Censorship is legal vandalization of art" - Urban Dictionary
                  |LHW Bottomfeeder|
                  PJ Sketchblog
                  petethacreepofficial

                  Comment


                  • #69
                    Originally posted by pell View Post
                    AgedPepper got this to the Pummel email before the deadline. I should have checked the email again before assuming AgedPepper wasn't going to show up. Sorry about that.

                    Thats a Bad Ass Sketch AP!
                    "Censorship is legal vandalization of art" - Urban Dictionary
                    |LHW Bottomfeeder|
                    PJ Sketchblog
                    petethacreepofficial

                    Comment

                    Unconfigured Ad Widget

                    Collapse
                    Working...
                    X