December Ranked Matches!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• December Ranked Matches!

Hello Guys and Gurls, the december ranks will be posted here shortly. In the meantime, feel free to check in

HOHOHO, fellow PJers, the holidays are round the corner and I feel you all are itching to get to the drawing board while it is snowing (or raining, in my case) outside and conjure up the ol imagination of fairytales and demons or whatever floats your boat. As we know, the holidays can be a very busy time, we all like to spend with family, TV, leftover stuffing or else, so be aware that in good old PUMMEL tradition (we LOVE traditions!) we will postpone the monthly deadline to the 27th of December 2018!!!!

Yes I know it's old.

And now, without further ado, the ladder:

web1_garzavert.jpg

MAIN MATCH: CHRISTMAS

Current Champion: Spiderguts

Spiderguts is on top again, a comfy spot that skullone had warmed for him the month before. He does not seem to be willing to get his butt up off the throne either, so wender1 better bring his A-Game to rip it from Spiderguts cold dead hands! (was that too harsh? better toughen up, sissyboy, this is PUMMEL!!)

Contender: wender1

wender1 has been a part of PJ and Pummel as long as I can remember. So since, at least, yesterday he has been grinding his pencil off and produced art that always catches some votes, most of the time the better part of them. Be prepared for some nice artwork and a fierce battle for the top spot!

The Ladder:

Christmas
    01 Spiderguts
    02 wender1

Boom Boom/Boomer of X-Force
    03 skullone
    04 hangman

Heavy Metal Magazine
    05 pell
    06 josem
    07 pete

All topics MUST be posted in this thread. They will be chosen by the higher ranked fighter. If they are not posted here by the 3rd, the next ranked fighter can choose the topic and post. Everyone plz check in. If you do not check in by the 4th, you will be removed from the match ups.

The complete Pummel rules are here:
    http://www.penciljack.com/forum/show...-of-01-04-2017

VERY IMPORTANT:
    There are only 3 ways to submit your entry:

If you would like to drop out or join back in, please announce it in this thread.
    Last edited by Pete Tha Creep; 12-03-2018, 09:49 AM.
    "Censorship is legal vandalization of art" - Urban Dictionary
    |LHW Bottomfeeder|
    PJ Sketchblog
    petethacreepofficial

Checking in.
    Raised as a babe in drawing arenas to become the art warrior that I am today.

http://gunkstudios.tumblr.com/

Pummel: lightheavy weight rank- wins-27 losses-20 KO-11

Comment

You know back in 2009 I've come to know PencilJack, this cool place where lots of people posted their work. My first contact was on the Weekly Sketch Group lots of people showing their sketches and lots of nice comments, others not so pleasant, and amazing tips whatsoever.

I started posting and got lots of praisings and even greater lessons about my art, what is wrong and how I could have made it better. Got into some discussions about my own art, what sometimes pissed me of, but thanks to this I was able to bow my head and recognize that I was soooo far from perfect and that was better for me to listen what these great people had to teach me.

When I was gathering my portfolio I realized that good part of my works came from here, from PUMMEL. When I got into PUMMEL through the weighin system, I thought I would be placed into a better category, I got into midweight, at the time, I didn't like it at first but kept going, winning, winning...until I lose, and realized i wasn't as good as i thought. This got me into study more and draw more and try to be better. Today I can look back at my old pieces and see so many mistakes I can't even count, some pieces I thought amazing back then.

The point is Penciljack made me better at art, still very far from perfect, but a tad better i guess. And it is sad to realize that we are dying! I came here for the voting and the matches were barely up. Four months ago I posted a sketch on the Weekly Sketch Group got a comment and there never had been another WSG since then! What happened? I know people must be busy with their own stuff, foruns are no longer a big thing, we don't have so many atractions as other art sites out there, but I still like it here. Is there anything we can try to bring people back? I don't know, maybe a newsletter, or not, I'm just trying to think of something, any ideas?

I'm willing to help with the WSG, if needed, and try to keep it going until the doors are definitely shut.

I'm sorry about this outburst I just wish Penciljack could keep existing.

Checking in for December.
      My deviantart

Comment

Checking in.

Wender1, I'd say we're mostly seeing the decline of forums, though I wonder if people are doing PencilJack-like things somewhere else.

At this point, you're probably more than safe taking up the Weekly Sketch Group duties without anyone getting angry at you. Nobody has even posted in that subforum since your post in July.
        Pummel Is Back!

Comment

checking in

Comment

Alright, checking in
            www.hobblingdead.com
            portfolio
            PUMMEL stats: Div - LHW | Wins - 24 | Losses - 14 | Knockouts - 11 | Months Champion - 1

Comment

I know I'm throwing Pete a bone, but:

Heavy Metal Magazine
              Pummel Is Back!

Comment

go ahead and choose hangman

Comment

So, we are down to three matches, let's make them epic, you ear me, Pete?
                  Middlweight | W:6 L:0 KOs:4 | Streetfights: W:2 L:0 kOs:1
                  LightHeavies | W:7| L :3 KOs: ​6
                  http://nabisga.deviantart.com/gallery/

Comment

Wender, let’s be unimaginative and go with Christmas as the theme. It’s all my kids are going to let me draw this month.
                    www.hobblingdead.com
                    portfolio
                    PUMMEL stats: Div - LHW | Wins - 24 | Losses - 14 | Knockouts - 11 | Months Champion - 1

Comment

Okay, I'll go with Boom Boom/Boomer of X-Force. That cool?
                      Raised as a babe in drawing arenas to become the art warrior that I am today.

http://gunkstudios.tumblr.com/

Pummel: lightheavy weight rank- wins-27 losses-20 KO-11

Comment

Originally posted by wender1 View Post
                        You know back in 2009 I've come to know PencilJack, this cool place where lots of people posted their work. My first contact was on the Weekly Sketch Group lots of people showing their sketches and lots of nice comments, others not so pleasant, and amazing tips whatsoever.

I started posting and got lots of praisings and even greater lessons about my art, what is wrong and how I could have made it better. Got into some discussions about my own art, what sometimes pissed me of, but thanks to this I was able to bow my head and recognize that I was soooo far from perfect and that was better for me to listen what these great people had to teach me.

When I was gathering my portfolio I realized that good part of my works came from here, from PUMMEL. When I got into PUMMEL through the weighin system, I thought I would be placed into a better category, I got into midweight, at the time, I didn't like it at first but kept going, winning, winning...until I lose, and realized i wasn't as good as i thought. This got me into study more and draw more and try to be better. Today I can look back at my old pieces and see so many mistakes I can't even count, some pieces I thought amazing back then.

The point is Penciljack made me better at art, still very far from perfect, but a tad better i guess. And it is sad to realize that we are dying! I came here for the voting and the matches were barely up. Four months ago I posted a sketch on the Weekly Sketch Group got a comment and there never had been another WSG since then! What happened? I know people must be busy with their own stuff, foruns are no longer a big thing, we don't have so many atractions as other art sites out there, but I still like it here. Is there anything we can try to bring people back? I don't know, maybe a newsletter, or not, I'm just trying to think of something, any ideas?

I'm willing to help with the WSG, if needed, and try to keep it going until the doors are definitely shut.

I'm sorry about this outburst I just wish Penciljack could keep existing.

Checking in for December.
                        Some things need saying, and I think your loveletter to the community definitely is appreciated by this little group of drawing fighters!

@Josem: You better watch out, you better not cry...
                        "Censorship is legal vandalization of art" - Urban Dictionary
                        |LHW Bottomfeeder|
                        PJ Sketchblog
                        petethacreepofficial

Comment

Originally posted by Spiderguts View Post
                          Wender, let’s be unimaginative and go with Christmas as the theme. It’s all my kids are going to let me draw this month.
                          Ok, Lets do it! Christmas it is!
                          My deviantart

Comment

Middlweight | W:6 L:0 KOs:4 | Streetfights: W:2 L:0 kOs:1
                            LightHeavies | W:7| L :3 KOs: ​6
                            http://nabisga.deviantart.com/gallery/

Comment

Originally posted by Josem View Post

Looks 3D! ...

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X