+++PUMMEL MANIA - event rules! Must read+++

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• +++PUMMEL MANIA - event rules! Must read+++

Almost scared to post this with the way that the forums have been acting. But here it goes.

As has been discussed in previous threads and via PM amongst the commissioners. Here are the rules for the first ever PUMMEL Mania event. These will be rare battle royal style events with some cool opportunities for those who win. There will be a two month deadline for entries as this will be in addition to the monthly ranked matches. Entries for the first ever Pummel Mania will be due January 25th.

There are two main components to this.

1- Each weight class will have a battle royal match (4 separate voting threads). Everyone within that division is welcome to join.

- The winner of this battle royal gets thrown into a 3 way match with the #1 and #2 ranked match the following month.
    - It counts as a win on your stats.
    - If you are the champion of the weight class and win the battle royal, you get the added bonus of adding a championship match win to your stats.

2- Lets say you want to advance to the next weight class if you are a middle weight for example. You can enter either the lightheavyweight or heavyweight battle royal. To do this, you simply post your entry in the challenge thread for the weight class you wish to advance to.

- If you win the battle royal, you advance to that weight class in addition to the title shot in your new division the following month. If you lose the title match, you are then placed down at the bottom of your new division the following month.

Topics will be put up for public vote. Each commissioner will choose a topic that will be put up in a poll that will run for 3 days. The winning topic will be the topic that EVERY weight class draws. Commissioners, please post your proposed topics here and I will post the poll with all topics included.

Past competitors are welcome to jump in on these. If you've been wanting to get involved in Pummel but haven't to this point, this would be a good way to jump into the fray. The stakes are high!

If you have any questions about this event, please post them here.
    Last edited by dfbovey; 12-29-2010, 08:14 PM.
    See my work on Game of Thrones seasons two, three and four blurays
    DeviantArt

Originally posted by dfbovey View Post
    - The winner of this battle royal gets thrown into a 3 way match with the #1 and #2 ranked match the following month.
    So the February match?
    Marcelino | LightHeavy | Rank:
    Wins: | Losses: | Knockouts: | Months Champion:

Middleweight
    Wins:23 | Losses:22 | Knockouts:12 | Months Champion: 3

dA

Comment

Originally posted by marcelino View Post
      So the February match?
      Correct. If you win the battle royal you would get the title shot (and/or move up in weight class) for the February ranked matches.
      DeviantArt

Comment

Originally posted by dfbovey View Post
        2- Lets say you want to advance to the next weight class if you are a middle weight for example. You can enter either the lightheavyweight or heavyweight battle royal. To do this, you simply post your entry in the challenge thread for the weight class you wish to advance to.

- If you win the battle royal, you advance to that weight class in addition to the title shot in your new division the following month. If you lose the title match, you are then placed down at the bottom of your new division the following month.
        Just to be clear on this one, Dave, I've got the following question-

Say a notional Light Heavyweight doesn't like the topic for the LHW battle royal but does like the topic for the Heavyweight battle royal, and decides to enter his/her illustration in that contest. If the LHW entry somehow wins against all the other HW entries then that contestant becomes a Heavyweight AND goes for the title the following month in a three way match in the Heavyweight division?
        HW(ret.):W42/ L29/KO16

Comment

Originally posted by scmarooney View Post
          Just to be clear on this one, Dave, I've got the following question-

Say a notional Light Heavyweight doesn't like the topic for the LHW battle royal but does like the topic for the Heavyweight battle royal, and decides to enter his/her illustration in that contest.
          The topic will be the same for every weight class. The commissioners are to provide me each with one topic that will be put up in a voting poll. The topic that gets the most votes will be the topic that all weight classes will draw.

However, there will be a voting poll for each weight class battle royal even though everyone will be drawing the same topic.

If the LHW entry somehow wins against all the other HW entries then that contestant becomes a Heavyweight AND goes for the title the following month in a three way match in the Heavyweight division?
          Correct. And if they don't win that 3-way match, they are placed at the bottom of the heavyweight division the following month (as any new heavyweight would be).
          Last edited by dfbovey; 11-28-2010, 06:17 PM.
          DeviantArt

Comment

My topic is: Ultimate Battle
            Juggertha previously stated: WWII
            "The next time I let Superman take charge, just hit me REAL hard" -Batman
            http://www.penciljack.com/forum/showthread.php?t=80062
            The only person I need to out draw is myself!

Comment

I didn't read anything; I'm just in, that's it, that's all

....juuuust kidding. Yeah, I'm totally down. Might even shoot for HW.
              dA -=- wrote -=- ink'd -=- Flickr

P.U.M.M.E.L. Stats 19-12 (11 Knock-outs)
              Former Champ, hungry for love.

Comment

Hey Dave, I had put in for "outer space", but let's just make it "sci-fi" I think that will be a little less confusing.
                my deviantart
                SKETCHUMS
                Wins: 29 (34%)
                Losses: 56
                ~end transmisson.

Comment

Shoot for the HW once and sweet!! This is temting
                  Deviantart
                  Owner of the Favorite Mexican Title
                  Heavy #1 / WINS 21 / LOSS 11 / KO 16 / chicken 2

Comment

Heres my topic since everyone is keepin it very broad - X-mas with your fav comic charcters
                    Retired Pummel Commissioner
                    ► Wins:8 ► Losses:1 ► KO's:4
                    Pummel matches....DA Gallery

Comment

2 months wow...nice idea but too long of a timeframe.
                      check my deviant page http://selkirk.deviantart.com/

" ....If you are ashamed of buttcracks, you are probably ashamed to be drawing cartoons and shame on you for doing it." ... John K.

Comment

The two month time period was suggested so that people would be able to put forth their best work while still maintaining the ranked match schedule. People will still be able to have streetfights argue in the breakroom about shows they don't like . But we wanted to promote maximum participation and give people plenty of time, also factoring in the holidays.

With this kind of time. I expect to see some pretty incredible pieces.
                        DeviantArt

Comment

Poll for the topic will be put up for voting tomorrow morning.
                          DeviantArt

Comment

Can I change my topic?

Secret Wars
                            My Deviant Art page
                            My PUMMEL stats
                            PUMMEL stats: 61 wins | 58 losses | 31 KOs
                            2 Time Heavyweight Champion
                            Light Heavyweight Commissioner

Comment

Yup, I will also be adding a topic. So there will be 5 to vote on.
                              DeviantArt

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X