February = Wildcard month!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• February = Wildcard month!!!

This is just a reminder that February is the 2nd wild card month!

To refresh you on what that means... anyone who's ranked in the top 5 of their weight class will be able to challenge someone from the class above for a chance to move up in weight class. (top 5 are exempt from being challenged)

For example, the top middleweight will have the first choice to challenge any Light-Heavyweight not ranked in the top 5. If you win, you move to the bottom of that class. 2nd rank gets the next choice and so on.

Art for these matches will be due on February 20th and the polls will run for 4 days. If you are in a wild card match, you will still need to complete your ranked match which is due on February 22nd.
    See my work on Game of Thrones seasons two, three and four blurays
    DeviantArt

That's a cool concept
    My Deviant Art page
    My PUMMEL stats
    PUMMEL stats: 61 wins | 58 losses | 31 KOs
    2 Time Heavyweight Champion
    Light Heavyweight Commissioner

Comment

What happens if the person who gets challenged doesn't have time to do their regular PUMMEL piece, work for their agent, hold down a full time job AND accept a wildcard challenge?

Do those people get punished for declining?
      Successful kickstarter UPDATE PAGE

Comment

Message to all the guys in the LHW, MW and LW divisions: please challenge Beastie. He won't mind. The guy produces his crappy illustrations in a matter of minutes (because they're crappy.)
        PUMMEL Heavyweight - W8 (KO5) - L7

Comment

Drink bleach, Havok, you simpering little non-entity.

Successful kickstarter UPDATE PAGE

Comment

Originally posted by Beastie View Post
            What happens if the person who gets challenged doesn't have time to do their regular PUMMEL piece, work for their agent, hold down a full time job AND accept a wildcard challenge?

Do those people get punished for declining?
            Guys did turn down challenges during the last wildcard matches because they could not meet the deadline.

I think that ... if we are going to allow people to choose their own opponents .. which we did last time ... we might have to have a list of people who WON'T be able to compete. Not guys who don't want to ... but who can't do to ranked matches and real life stuff.
            "The next time I let Superman take charge, just hit me REAL hard" -Batman
            http://www.penciljack.com/forum/showthread.php?t=80062
            The only person I need to out draw is myself!

Comment

Gauging the odds , I will probably draw a challenge; So should we start batting around ideas for this rounds theme ? Get things in motion so to speak.
              I throw out there we do something like an american comic character vs an anime or manga character. ( just something to chew on )
              No great man ever complains of want of opportunities. ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson~

Comment

I pick Beastie!!!

too soon?
                Art Blog |
                alfredtrujillo.com |

Comment

Originally posted by alfred183 View Post
                  I pick Beastie!!!

too soon?
                  lol ... considering if you win this month you will ALREADY be a heavyweight ... ummmm ... YEAH... lol
                  "The next time I let Superman take charge, just hit me REAL hard" -Batman
                  http://www.penciljack.com/forum/showthread.php?t=80062
                  The only person I need to out draw is myself!

Comment

Alf , its not nice to pick on the "challenged "

Comment

awesome! i will have to jump aboard this....tomorrow
                      wins:4
                      losses:2
                      ko's:1

stats : http://www.penciljack.com/forum/show...Records/page11

Comment

Just wanted to make sure its clear that these matches can't be set until the january ranked match voting polls are closed and february ranks are posted.

Once that happens the top 5 can choose their opponents. Once the opponent is chosen, the higher rank chooses the subject and your wildcard match will then begin.

You can't really get a head start on this because you don't know if you'll be in the top 5 and you don't know what your subject will be.
                        See my work on Game of Thrones seasons two, three and four blurays
                        DeviantArt

Comment

Yeah, I was just kidding. Sorry I caused confusion lol
                          Art Blog |
                          alfredtrujillo.com |

Comment

ok so theres not going to be a set topic this time around ? Thats cool , just looking for clarification .

Comment

Thordad, you better be ready for all of the middleweights and Lightweights looking to advance calling you out. I'm not saying you take em all on, just watch your inbox and Pummel boards light up.......

D2k10!
                              " I am the pawn in NO ONE'S game. Least of all a miserable little runt who plays at things he can't comprehend."
                              Spawn Issue#92

http://www.doomsmith.deviantart.com

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X