Weekly Sketch Group #344

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Weekly Sketch Group #344

Welcome to WSG #343! All PencilJack Members can participate in the weekly sketch group simply by posting a sketch, drawing, or painted-study of one of the topics below. If you don't like the topics, PM me with a topic you'd like to draw next week in the Sketch Group, and I will try to include it there !

Weekly Sketch Group #344 Topics:

1. Favorite stuff from 2013: As we ring out the old year and welcome in a new one, lets think back across 2013 and draw or sketch our favorite stuff whether it be from comics, television or movies this last year! It was a good one for movies with Pacific Rim, Thor 2, Man of Steel, Wolverine and the new Hobbit Movie. Did you like the finale of Breaking Bad, or season 3 of Game of Thrones, how about Agents of Sheild, or Doctor Who? There were some big events in Comics too, so if you want to draw something from the comic-book world(s) you can do that too ! Goodbye 2013, and thanks for the memories!

-

2. Draw any of the characters of thEbrEEze's webcomic: Villain! If you haven't seen his webcomic, check it out here: http://www.villain-comic.com/home/ And after you've read a few chapters check out the cast of characters here: http://www.villain-comic.com/home/cast-2/ If you draw any of the characters feel free to submit them to the fan-art page on the same website!

3. The muscles of the arm! It's time to take a closer look at anatomy, and this week we'll look at the human arms, from the tip of your fingers to the top of your deltoid, lets draw some arms. Feel free to label the various musculature if you are going for definition. Draw your arms in different positions and ranges of movement! There's a ton of reference out there for drawing arms, and if you come across any good ones, post them here too so that everybody can benefit !

-

=====> And there you have it my fellow drawing enthusiasts, sharpen those pencils and draw straight!
    HW(ret.):W42/ L29/KO16

Hey Marooney I was think Community Projects should have some weekly anatomy study groups so it's good to see this being worked into the WSG. Hopefully we'll work through all the groups of the body.

Good work!

Comment

Quick Bliss from Villain to start off the week

DeviantArt

Comment

Weekly Sketch Group #344

Woohoo!! I'm so humbled that Villain is a topic this week!

@Dan Awesome Bliss!

If you guys are doing any Villain pieces be sure to include a link to your website or portfolio or DA so I can put it up in the fan art section of the website! Also be sure to check out the gallery here:

http:/www.villain-comic.com/home/gallery

for costume reference

Thanks everyone!
        evErywhErE I walk...thErE's a brEEze..
        My Graphic Novel: VILLAIN
        My Store: The Art of 2B
        deviantART
        Art Blog
        PUMMEL stats: wins 22 | losses 16 | KOs 4

Comment

Nice drawing Dan 3000

Here's some fresh arm studies from today...
          |DRAWSLAVE|

Comment

@tudore: Thanks for the links! Appreciate it! Not I've got to draw some arms !
            @CrazyD: Thanks for the kudos! Hope it'll be beneficial for everybody (including ME!)
            @Dan3K: Cool Bliss drawing from thEbrEEze's VILLAIN webcomic!
            @girdoggy: Nice job on those arm-studies! I'm going to do a few myself before the week is over.

And here's one of thEbrEEze's characters from his VILLAIN webcomic- Galaxy:

Comment

Very nice Galaxy drawing scmarooney!

Found this arm anatomy gifs. thing they're freakin cool, duno who the artist is, think his name is Dain??
              link to his tumblr = http://dains-art.tumblr.com/ has lots of anatomy goodness...

|DRAWSLAVE|

Comment

Can't have VILLAIN be a topic and not come through! Here's a page from my sketchbook! ALPHA!
                deviantART
                Art Blog

Comment

And I think it's a good opportunity to share with you guys a character that has yet to make his debut in the VILLAIN universe. You will see this guy a little later in issue 6. He's the right-hand of Maximillion Shepard. Ladies and gents I give you BRICK HOUSE!!!!
                  deviantART
                  Art Blog

Comment

@girdoggy: thanks! And those are some cool arm-rotation animations you found, and thanks for the link!
                    @thEbrEEze: Nice job on the drawings of your VILLAIN comic characters!

And here's another one I whipped up within the last hour of thEbrEEze's character: Alpha-

Comment

Awesome drawings so far. Definitely going to check out Villian.

So... intrigued by the other topic, I asked my 6-year-old son what I should draw as a "favorite from 2013". His response... the Furby he got for Christmas. Not what I was thinking, but here it is. I'll post something more comic-ish later in the week. (Forgive the ear sizing; deliberately changed the size of the second ear, and he said I wasn't allowed to touch the first one.)

Happy New Year's all!

Last edited by SphericalCheese; 12-31-2013, 08:37 PM.

Comment

Excellent Alpha scmarooney and cool colors !
                        Nice Furby SphericalCheese

more arm sketches, ink sketches forcing myself to not erase when i draw
                        |DRAWSLAVE|

Comment

Hey thEbrEEze - I read Villian. Very cool. I particularly like the page layouts.

Here is a rough draft of Omega - better inks, shadows, and colors later in the week.

Comment

@SphericalCheese: I like the Furbee sketch! The Omega drawing is coming along nicely, looking forward to seeing it finished!
                            @girdoggy: Good job on the arm-sketches!

And here's some Arm-drawings from me tonight from some of the references provided upthread:

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X