Weekly Sketch Group #342

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Weekly Sketch Group #342

Welcome to WSG #342! All PencilJack Members can participate in the weekly sketch group simply by posting a sketch, drawing, or painted-study of one of the topics below. If you don't like the topics, PM me with a topic you'd like to draw next week in the Sketch Group, and I will try to include it there !

Weekly Sketch Group #342 Topics:

1. The Hobbit and J.R.R. Tolkien are big this week with a new movie in wide release. So lets draw some of the characters of High Fantasy this week. Draw a Bilbo Baggins, Gandalf, Saruman the White, Smaug the Dragon, a motley band of Dwarves or a warrior Elf! If you like Orcs draw those, or any other High-Fantasy creature or character that you like this week!

2. Masters of the Universe! Draw ANY of the Masters of the Universe Characters from the popular Cartoons, Movies, Comics or Toys this week! Draw He-Man, Skeletor, Man-at-Arms, She-Ra, Beastman, Evil-Lyn and about a bazillion others ! Here's a LINK: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Masters_of_the_Universe

3. In the Caricature Corner we strive to capture the likeness of well known celebrities in line. Below is an image of the celebrities chosen this week, but don't feel beholden to drawing from this image, seek out and find images that show the subjects from different angles or perspectives in order to make YOUR drawing. This week we are drawing actors from: the Hobbit 2-the desolation of Smaug: Evangeline Lilly and Orlando Bloom

4. Set the timer for 10 minutes and attempt to draw the following scene. Your area of main concentration should be the action of the figures in the foreground. Attempt to capture the overall pose and then concentrate on things like proportion and details. An indication of the persepctive of the background is also essential. Ready? Get set! Speed Draw!

=====> And there you have it my fellow drawing enthusiasts, sharpen those pencils and draw straight!
    HW(ret.):W42/ L29/KO16

deviantART | instagram | penciljack blog

Comment

Originally posted by scmarooney View Post

This picture makes me happy.

Comment

@ D.C.: Love the girl in your caricature drawing, the exaggeration is just excellent.

Comment

and some motu ...
          skeletor on the run ....and a goddess redesign
          check my deviant page http://selkirk.deviantart.com/

" ....If you are ashamed of buttcracks, you are probably ashamed to be drawing cartoons and shame on you for doing it." ... John K.

Comment

That goddess redesign made me laugh
            Pummel MW: W12, L9, KO8 | DeviantArt | Tumblr | PJ Art Blog

Comment

@D.C.: Great job on the caricature! You really captured both likenesses very well!
              @Selkirk: Nice job on your MOTU sketch!

And here is a quick He-Man that I was going to throw out, but made a few digital adjustments in GIMP and decided to post it up anyhow -

Comment

Last edited by GullyFoyle; 12-17-2013, 02:45 PM.
                Pummel MW: W12, L9, KO8 | DeviantArt | Tumblr | PJ Art Blog

Comment

Some He-man

DeviantArt

Comment

@gullyfoyle thanks bro ...yeah i had some fun with that redesign . and excellent orko :w00t:
                    @sean much thanks bro...and cool he-man-loving the pose and details(rocking shield)

bit of a mini-motu flood ...

it was inevitable ... he-man is a woman ...i present to you she-man ...

evil-lyn atop a throne of some sort ...

sorceress confronts a bone golem (one of skeletor's vile creatures )

round 2

tri-klops redesign ... ...he is now some sort of planar creature-essentially good but tricked by evil-lyn into doing evil ^^;
                    Last edited by Selkirk; 12-17-2013, 05:21 PM.
                    check my deviant page http://selkirk.deviantart.com/

" ....If you are ashamed of buttcracks, you are probably ashamed to be drawing cartoons and shame on you for doing it." ... John K.

Comment

Fresh Droppings | Sketch Blog

Comment

@GullyFoyle: Nice job on the MOTU drawing, I like the colored pencils!
                        @Dan3k: I like the MOTU sketches, these are interesting poses!
                        @Selkirk: Good job on more MOTU sketches, I like the sense of movement!
                        @InkDrop: Nice LOTR sketch! Lots of character in that face.

And here's my shot at the Caricature Corner Topic this week:

Comment

Hurray for a single figure WSG!
                          HW W1/L2/KO0Behance

Comment

Here's some Motu pics I drew earlier on this year at work...

Comment

She-Ra

SHE-RA

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X