Weekly Sketch Group #341

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Weekly Sketch Group #341

Welcome to WSG #341! All PencilJack Members can participate in the weekly sketch group simply by posting a sketch, drawing, or painted-study of one of the topics below. If you don't like the topics, PM me with a topic you'd like to draw next week in the Sketch Group, and I will try to include it there !

Weekly Sketch Group #341 Topics:

1. Invincible! Draw the popular Image Comics Character created by Robert Kirkman, Cory Walker and Ryan Ottley this week. You can also draw any of the supporting characters of Invincible this week: Chose from Omni-Man, Kid Omni -Man, Conquest, The Freddie Mercury look-a-like Viltrumite Emperor, Alan the Alien, the Immortal, Rex Splode(RIP), Robot, Angstrom Levy and about a thousand others ! LINK: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Invincible_(comics)

-

2. The GRRLS of Invincible! Draw a hot pinup of Atom Eve, Monster Girl, Dupli-Kate, an evil Viltrumite chick or how about Mark Grayson's mom!? Draw one, draw them all, but keep it safe for work, guys ! Here's an Atom Eve link to get you started: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Atom_Eve

-

3. In the Next Panel Challenge you can draw what you think the next panel should be in progression. If you don't like what the previous panel was, feel free to go back to one you like and draw your panel from there! The Next Panel can branch and re-branch as many times as participants want!

-

4. Set your timer for 10 minutes and attempt to draw the images below in that time. Focus on trying to capture the expressions and then go back to add more specific details. Ready? Set? Speed Draw!

-

=====> And there you have it my fellow drawing enthusiasts, sharpen those pencils and draw straight!
    HW(ret.):W42/ L29/KO16

let's kick this off...invincible style ...

atom eve getting blasted by a vitrumite robot and attempting to disable some sort of device ...

atom eve brawling with the evil vitrumite anissa ...
    check my deviant page http://selkirk.deviantart.com/

" ....If you are ashamed of buttcracks, you are probably ashamed to be drawing cartoons and shame on you for doing it." ... John K.

Comment

Drew classic Shapesmith yesterday (may color later), and the new one along with Conquest two weeks ago.

deviantART | instagram | penciljack blog

Comment

Hey Selkirk, I have been following the site for a long time and paying specific attention to the WSG's and your work always sticks out to me. Your poses are very dynamic, and your anatomy though exaggerated is appealing and very Hentai anime-ish. However your characters all look exactly the same with little to no variation in their bodies and costumes. Is it because this is more of a sketch thread that you don't add more finishing touches to it? I admire your style and am just curious as to your motivations. Something I always think is a fantastic thing is that you don't use straight lines in your drawings. Each character line is curved which I think is a fantastic approach to the body since there are no straight lines in the human form. With your talent I would be really interested in seeing a finished line work piece from you.

Comment

I echo what Zathanial writes. Without the words you write with the drawing, they are just basically a semi-nude figure(s) and not identifiable as the characters.
          Jack Kirby Centennial Tribute Book is free to download.

Joining you in the ABCs of faith - Action, Belief and Confidence

Comment

@zathaniel thanks for the kind words bro...yeah i'm definitely being influenced by the japanese/korean artists now(hyung tae-kim, shunya yamashita, sumita kazasa...amongst others-i love the flow and perspective...and rocking bods of the babes they draw )-it's helped alot just looking at their linework...awesome curves and poses. as to motivations-just getting better...i practice more than i draw but i like to use these weeklies to let off some steam. just practice some ideas/poses etc. and there is a certain sameness...bit of a problem-i'm going to try leaner figures for next week(i have been drawing massive boobs lately ^^;...).

@symson thanks for the comments my friend...i would label these figures as inspired by the topics . sometimes i get something decent going with these (a redesign/or something off the wall)...but i would agree it's pretty much just figure work. i will do a costume next week...topics permitting .

and a mark grayson ...or one of the other moustachioed dudes from invincible
            check my deviant page http://selkirk.deviantart.com/

" ....If you are ashamed of buttcracks, you are probably ashamed to be drawing cartoons and shame on you for doing it." ... John K.

Comment

A couple of quickies.
              Cumulative Pummel Record. 16-6-2 9 KO's
              Check out Herocats of Stellar City, Bimonthly from Action Labs Entertainment.
              (Shameless Plug)

Comment

Liking that Monster Girl. Think first time I saw someone draw her adult form.

And I colored that Shapesmith pic.

deviantART | instagram | penciljack blog

Comment

@Selkirk: Nice job on your figures, good movement! I like the mustachioed Viltrumite guy too!
                  @D.C.: Great stuff on the Shapesmith drawings! They're all really top-notch!
                  @Rhinosaurus: Good stuff with the Invincible grrls! Both drawings look great!

And here's my speed drawing tonight probably took me an extra 5 minutes to do all 6 faces, though ....Hope to do some Invincible characters tomorrow:

Comment

This is older, consider it my place holder for later in the week! Allen!!
                    evErywhErE I walk...thErE's a brEEze..
                    My Graphic Novel: VILLAIN
                    My Store: The Art of 2B
                    deviantART
                    Art Blog
                    PUMMEL stats: wins 22 | losses 16 | KOs 4

Comment

@thEbrEEze: Nice job on your Allen the Alien drawing! Looking forward to seeing a new one !

And here's a quick Invincible sketch:

Comment

Nice Sean!!! Well a promise is a promise. Here's my take on the Grayson boys!
                        evErywhErE I walk...thErE's a brEEze..
                        My Graphic Novel: VILLAIN
                        My Store: The Art of 2B
                        deviantART
                        Art Blog
                        PUMMEL stats: wins 22 | losses 16 | KOs 4

Comment

Not sure i'll be able to finish this this week (re: xmas shopping), so i'm posting my WIP so far.

Last edited by bromyne; 12-12-2013, 01:36 AM.

Comment

great sketches so far!!

damn... never read invincible... should change that...

but here is my speeddrawing for this week... kinda happy with the result, even with some proportions off...

Comment

Here's a kid Omni-Man, with awesome comic-book scripting.
                              Echo on Tapas

Echo on line Webtoon

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X