Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Weekly Sketch Group #338

Weekly Sketch Group #338

Welcome to WSG #338! All PencilJack Members can participate in the weekly sketch group simply by posting a sketch, drawing, or painted-study of one of the topics below. If you don't like the topics, PM me with a topic you'd like to draw next week in the Sketch Group, and I will try to include it there !

Weekly Sketch Group #338 Topics:

1. The Hunger Games! Draw any of your favorite Hunger Games characters from novels or the movies! The setting is a dystopian future in which children are selected to become gladiators from their districts, and the games are shown on television. Here is a link for more information: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Hunger_Games

2. In the Caricature Corner we attempt the elusive art of capturing a likeness in our drawings. We will only be drawing well-known celebrities, but this practice can have value for drawing friends and family members and even for making money at parties and events! The pictures provided of each well-known celebrity are not the sole source of reference you can use. Feel free to find other images, from other angles and use those to help you create a likeness! This week our celebrities are: Jennifer Lawrence(link: http://www.imdb.com/name/nm2225369/?ref_=nv_sr_1) and Woody Harrelson(link:http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0000437/?ref_=nv_sr_1)

3. In the speed-drawing challenge you should attempt to draw the focus of action, capturing the pose, with a 10 minute drawing. So sharpen those pencils, get ready, get set, and.......SPEED DRAW!

TITLE: CHEER THE BULLS . . .NOT THE MADATORS!

WRITTEN BY JUST DAVE.

A naked man bleeds out from his gored backside in the middle of the ring.

He’s pleading for his life.

BEGGING!

Anthropomorphised bulls in matador dress are steadily going in for the kill.

Bloodthirsty rapiers and flamboyant flags flash as they surrounding him.

They thrust with their swords.

And the crowd seems to pause for one solitary moment.

They hold their breath.

Then the stadium erupts.

THE END.

=====> And there you have it my fellow drawing enthusiasts, sharpen those pencils and draw straight!
    HW(ret.):W42/ L29/KO16

Here goes Woody...well or almost him...maybe.
    Please, vote on my poll, thanks.
    http://www.penciljack.com/forum/showthread.php?123032-Suggestion-for-sequential-mania

Last edited by wender1; 11-18-2013, 09:10 PM.
    My deviantart

Comment

Sure, why not.

New and improved for 1996!
      Instagram: Pencilero

Comment

@wender1: Nice job on the Woody Harrelson caricature!
        @pencilero: Good job on the Woody Harrelson caricature!

And I thought I'd try the caricature one tonight myself. The Jennifer Lawrence looks nothing like her, and the Woody Harrelson is just ok....Maybe I'll try `em again later this week ? The problem with caricatures of pretty girls is that they have so few things to exaggerate?

Comment

Thanks SC.

I'll take a shot at Lawrence. I think I'm just too old to get the attraction to her, so I won't be distracted.
          New and improved for 1996!
          Instagram: Pencilero

Comment

Wow, amazing caricatures all around! The addition of colour looks awesome, Pencilero Woody Harrelson just has that great face for it, Jennifer Lawrence would definitely be trickier, but you pulled it off well, scmarooney. I'll give that topic a go too, since I'd have to actually watch The Hunger Games to be able to do the first, haha. Or maybe that's just an excuse to watch a movie instead of draw
            PJ Sketchblog | caperandcrow.tumblr.com | Instagram
            *Commissions are open!*
            Pummel Stats: LHW: KO-4/W-3/L-0 ~~ HW: KO-0/W-2/L-0 ~~ SF: KO-1/W-0/L-2

Comment

Woody Harrelson and Jennifer Lawrence.

Comment

Nice Charicatures wender1, Pencillero, scmarooney and CrazyDiamond !

quicky marker sketch from ref...
                |DRAWSLAVE|

Comment

I love your rendition of Harrelson, CrazyDiamond! So precise and to the point... the angles and outlines are just great. And girdoggy, cute Katniss Cute and tough.

I haven't done caricatures before, so I just aimed for a non-realistic likeness, at least. Harrelson's teeth... And Jennifer Lawrence ended up cross-eyed, which is ironic since she seems to be a bit wall-eyed in real life. I really need to do this sort of study more often, it's too easy to get stuck in a face shape rut.

PJ Sketchblog | caperandcrow.tumblr.com | Instagram
                  *Commissions are open!*
                  Pummel Stats: LHW: KO-4/W-3/L-0 ~~ HW: KO-0/W-2/L-0 ~~ SF: KO-1/W-0/L-2

Comment

very nice charicatures rmharris!
                    |DRAWSLAVE|

Comment

You guys make Jennifer Lawrence look even better.

I read the first book in high school so I kind of have a soft spot for the books. I really like the avox characters which have their tongues cut out for treason.... I hope that's not too morbid...

Well here's a quick draw of one of the avox girls. Sorry I didn't have time to clean it up or finish or anything D':

Comment

@CrazyD: A good likeness on both of those Caricature sketches!
                        @girdoggy: Good job on the Hunger Games sketch!
                        @rmharris: Nice job on those caricatures! Good likenesses!
                        @Genocider: Good job on your Hunger Games drawing! Very interesting!

And here's the speed-drawing from me this week. I think I forgot one of the figures

Comment

wender1: Good job on Woody. I could instantly tell that was him.
                          Same for you, Pencilero!
                          Nice caricatures, as always, scmarooney
                          Simple, but effective, CrazyDiamond
                          I think I like those the best so far, rmharris

Since I suggested her, I figured I had to take a crack at Jennifer. I can't seem to do caricatures to save my life (I can barely do likenesses). I really need to pick the brain of someone who can sometime, (like you scmarooney. So: here's the closest I got to a likeness, with some caricature/portrait studies beneath:

Comment

I can see the likeness in the first one Yomark!

Comment

Thanks, CrazyDiamond. (I can always count on you for encouragement!)

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X