Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So I've been sketching a bit today... First comic style sketch in awhile...

I'm going to add Jack in as well. I'll edit this and add the thumbnail I started with too.

Comment

Originally posted by Einar View Post
      It's always so unbelievable to see anybody go sudden and unexpected. And if it is people you look up to, it might be even more shocking.

I lost the favourite artist of my teen years after I got to know him as a grown up. I attended his art course for half a year, which wasn't anything formal just a gathering of drawing people in a rented room of some sleepy school. He had a quirky, charming character and we always had tremendous amount of laughter while learning a lot from him. And one day the class was cancelled and the news came in later that he suffered a car accident and passed away. Just something you can't believe can happen to people like him.

I have always wanted to do a tribute piece to him, but have never got around to draw it, so I really want to join in now, for Jeremy and Kelly. And then draw one piece for my late mentor.

Here is how far I got (hopefully I can finally spend some time on it this weekend)

Originally posted by hoosiermouse View Post
      So I've been sketching a bit today... First comic style sketch in awhile...

I'm going to add Jack in as well. I'll edit this and add the thumbnail I started with too.
      These are great, gentlemen. I love how people keep coming to Quinn and Jack; a boy and his dog is such a potent image, and they definitely seem to have been Jeremy's signature creation. Keep 'em coming!
      Echo on Tapas

Echo on line Webtoon

Comment

Just doing an update. How's everyone else doing? Took a few days to let it sit and came back and got to this point.

Comment

literally just heard about this. i have tears in my eyes as im typing this. R.I.P. Jeremy, you will be really missed sir
          DON'T CLICK
          http://nickguy0320.deviantart.com/
          http://www.penciljack.com/forum/show...php?71084-Doom
          I miss when we all drew like Joe MAD and argued about the Matrix

Comment

Just stopping by to show my appreciation to Jeremy.

Last edited by Guru_George; 12-13-2014, 08:43 PM.
            My twitter!
            Tumblr blog
            Got a Facebook
            My portfolio

Comment

I just came across this thread (sorry for the lateness) and was depressed to learn about the guy I referred to as Panda Man.
              As others have mentioned, he was far too young to be taken so soon.
              I've seen him around mostly here and on the Image Comics website, though I did once briefly meet him at a con (forget which one) years back. I think he was with Kelly Dale at the time, if she was the redhead dressed as Todd Nauck's character Ignatia.
              I think he had just gotten some of his work shown in Nauck's book Wildguard.
              I got to tell him I thought his work was great and professional, and I even offered him work. He declined because he was so busy with other work; which is my loss, but always good when an artist has plenty of work.
              Anyway, my sympathies go out to Jeremy's family and friends.

Comment

I came across this a couple days ago. I'm not sure if it's been posted yet. But here are the details leading up to Jeremy's untimely passing.

https://medium.com/@joethepeacock/wh...e-a6b7f4cb6b57

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                Working...
                X