Page 10 of 23 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast

Thread: Yomark's Art Blog

yomark

Fat Batman

This was what developed in my warped brain after I got the Sumos out of my system:

(Original Thread: Fat Batman

Last edited by yomark; 01-31-2010 at 04:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by yomark View Post
    Kind of reminds me of Steve Buscemi.
    "We're nothing like God. Not only do we have limited powers, we sometimes are driven to become the devil himself." - Nicholas D. Wolfwood

Sketch Blog

DA Page

yomark
    Quote Originally Posted by WolfSpiritZero View Post
    Kind of reminds me of Steve Buscemi.
    I can see it, now that you mention. So, just to re-cap: I've got Don Knotts, Steve Buscemi, and a guy in an adult diaper…everything BUT Clark Kent/Kal-El. Is it any wonder I get depressed?

Steve Buscemi as Clark Kent/Superman could be a interesting concept. Clark Kent as this down and out losers who gets his game back.
    And don't get depressed. Keep it up.
    "We're nothing like God. Not only do we have limited powers, we sometimes are driven to become the devil himself." - Nicholas D. Wolfwood

Sketch Blog

DA Page

yomark

A.D.D. Supergirl

This is another try at a forced-perspective pose (which didn't happen, obviously). I ran out of room on the page to draw her right arm extended, so drew it bent. Thus the attitude was suggested to me, and so the caption.

Supergirl copyright DC Comics

yomark

Supergirl: Get Serious

I used a pose from a magazine as a positional reference. After I got the basic forms down, though, I refined it and embellished the details from my VAST knowledge of anatomy (PLEASE note my sarcastic tone). Trying to invoke a young version of Supergirl. More in my series of studies of the womanly tummy and legs. The caption was suggested by her pose to me.

yomark

NSFW: Supergirl: Free Spirit pencils

NSFW

As of THIS drawing, I've officially succumbed to the necessity and benefits of using references when drawing (besides anatomy texts).

yomark

NSFW: Supergirl: Free Spirit WIP

NSFW

This is a tight-crop scan of a full-figure pencil drawing. This is sort of mid-stage in the coloring process. I intend the final as a mock cover, complete with typography and logos.

yomark

Batman: Patrol over Gotham

This is an earlier stage of the final version: Link

Here I've retained a more "traditional" version of his costume. You see that his utility belt has fallen off. Originally, I was going to have a voice balloon of him calling: "Yo, Gordon! Little help?"

Finished, colored stage. City skyline silouete, Bat-emblem and type created in Illustrator, then pasted as paths in PhotoShop. Since now I no longer intended to use the dropped-utility belt joke, I took it out of the image.

Batman copyright DC Comics

yomark

Armor Girl (Mock Cover) version 1

Originally a re-design idea for Wonder Woman's costume. This is a semi-action pose designed to show display her costume.