Thread: Umbrella Academy Sketches

Pencilling Umbrella Academy Sketches

A couple sketches I had done by way of warmup for a new sequential page I was working on. Just finished reading the first Umbrella Academy trade and really enjoyed alot of the character design. Hope y'all enjoy!

Cheers,
    D.

Holy wow, those are good.
    Really good.

very cool.

i know it's likely a badysuit, but on the chick there's no dilineation of where it starts or ends, like at her ankles and wrists and such. If it isn't a body suit, and the notes and music lines are the suit....well....that's one way to get people to appreciate classical music :P

mattPLOG

Thanks guys!

On the White Violin - it's actually her skin. She's NEKKID! It's like doing a dirty drawing but not getting caught

-d.

I'm a resident Montreal originally born in London, England.
    Great character designs. You might think about going into videogames some day!

These are really good. I like that you put some of your own style into these rather than just straight-up aping Ba's style. Good work!
    Check out my webcomic Small Change!

joh - Thanks! But I can't take credit for the designs - that goes to Garard Way and Gabriel Ba.

takende - much appreciated. I don't think I could have pulled off Ba's style even if I tried, but I really do dig the proportions for his Spaceboy, which I tried to carry across.

Maybe next I'll try to pump out the rest of the crew.

Right click and save.

Awesome. I just purchased the graphic novel and read it for the first time and it is actually really really good. Let's see the rest of the characters.