Thread: Official F.A.Q.

Terry Stevens [Administrator] penciljack's Avatar

Official F.A.Q.

Hi, folks. This Topic is in response to common questions I get about the Forum.

Remember, there's an FAQ at the top of every page here at the PJ forum. If you have a question about the forum workings, please check that FAQ, then here, before you e-mail me or the other moderators about such things as changing your avatars, editing your signatures, etc. And without further ado, here we begin the Frequently Asked Questions for things that aren't explicitly clear in the main FAQ (I'll try to condense all this into one document one of these days):

How do I get an avatar?
    You are eligible for an avatar upon becoming a Senior Member (reaching 150 posts).

When do I become a Senior Member?
    The Penciljack user-heirarchy is as follows:

0-49 posts - Junior Member
    50-149 posts - Member
    150+ - Senior Member

When can I change the title under my username?
    When you reach 1,000 posts.

How do I change my signature?
    Click on Options, which can be found at the top of every Forum page.

Then click on Edit Profile. There are a number of settings in this panel you may wish to take a look at, and the signature field is one of them.

How do I specify/change my Avatar?
    Click on Options, which can be found at the top of every Forum page.

Then click on Edit Options. Near the bottom of this page, you should see an area with controls related to specifying/changing your avatar.

How is it that some users have avatars or custom post titles without having the required number of posts you mentioned above?

In March, 2003, Penciljack.com was moved to a new server, and in the process of taking care of some forum maintenance, all threads more than 180 days old at that point were removed, which caused user post count totals to drop drastically, especially if users had been around the forum for a while.

However, member status was not changed. All members who have avatars or custom user titles have earned them.

May I change my username?
    In some cases, you may be granted a username change if you ask nicely. However, you only get one name change - ever - so use it wisely. If you simply MUST change your username, take the time to think it through and ensure it's the name you want to stick with for the rest of your time here at penciljack.com. The "staff" here simply doesn't have enough time to spend with frivolous name changes.

Jackass of All Trades [Moderator] amadarwin's Avatar
    Penciljack National Headquarters Basement
    What's this 'graphic critiques allowed' thing? Some new setting when you sign up?

It's another way of letting people know whether drawovers are welcome. Just go to your profile settings, at the bottom look for an option for "Graphic Critiques" and select your preference. No need to get involved in the process of asking permission now, just check the users preference and critique as necessary!
    Check out Film Grouch!

Wanna be uncool? Unhip? Unhung? Join the Monkey Revolution!

Amadarwin's unauthorized, unscathing, unfinished biography.