Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: Legend Len Wein has passed away...

  1. #1

    R.I.P. Legend Len Wein has passed away...

    http://www.cbr.com/len-wein-wolverine-creator-dead/

    Creator Len Wein has sadly passed away at 69. What a legend. He created some of the most recognizable characters in comics. He'll be sadly missed. RIP.

  2. #2
    I thought everyone might enjoy this clever 1981 Batman short by Len Wein/Walt Simonson. RIP, Mr. Wein.

    http://www.cbr.com/len-wein-batman-snoopy-peanuts/
    Phillip Ginn
    _______________________________
    www.phillipginn.com

  3. #3
    Not Spoiling for a Fight Pencilero's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Under a Rock.
    Posts
    6,794
    Damn.

    Len and Bernie are tearing it up in the afterlife!
    New and improved for 1996!
    Instagram: Pencilero

  4. #4

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    wherever I lay my hat
    Posts
    5,709
    Quote Originally Posted by pmginn View Post
    I thought everyone might enjoy this clever 1981 Batman short by Len Wein/Walt Simonson. RIP, Mr. Wein.

    http://www.cbr.com/len-wein-batman-snoopy-peanuts/
    Dayum. I would not have guessed that was Jim Aparo's work accompanying it. Looks nicely stylized.

    Must make you proud to inspire the likes of Neil Gaiman.

    RIP Len.

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Dri View Post
    Dayum. I would not have guessed that was Jim Aparo's work accompanying it. Looks nicely stylized.

    Must make you proud to inspire the likes of Neil Gaiman.

    RIP Len.
    The 2-page short shown in the article had Simonson art. Aparo did the art for the other short in that same Detective Comics (#500) issue.
    Phillip Ginn
    _______________________________
    www.phillipginn.com

  6. #6
    I'm seeing these kinds of postings way too much lately!
    CyberLord
    Smashing 37 arch-villains into raisins with his bare-hands since 1971!

  7. #7

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    wherever I lay my hat
    Posts
    5,709
    Quote Originally Posted by pmginn View Post
    The 2-page short shown in the article had Simonson art. Aparo did the art for the other short in that same Detective Comics (#500) issue.
    Hence Simonson's style and name on the credit under the title.

    Thanks for pointing that out.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •