View Poll Results: Choose your favorite entry!

Voters
0. You may not vote on this poll
  • Zepster - Viral

0 0%
  • Shaun - Terror lizards and the huns

0 0%
  • lantana88 - Mind of a Warrior

0 0%
  • Jaycy - Hope

0 0%
  • Chris2.0 - I always winů

0 0%
  • Centaur178 - Rovers of the Phoenix War

0 0%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Writing Contest #116 - War Stories new voting thread - Part II

[SUPPORTER]
    Blog Entries

Writing Contest #116 - War Stories new voting thread - Part II

Hi all,

The poll's up (again, as the previous one ended in a tie!) - so vote away, poll will remain open until next week Monday... We'll combine the two polls when done, and then the writing content winning entry gets to choose the theme for the next one...

Here are the scripts - http://www.penciljack.com/forum/show...16-War-Stories

The voting rules:

• No voting for yourself...
    • No buddy-voting
    • No shenanigans, etc...

And this time around there will be an added incentive for the people leaving a comment/final crit and voting..!

So if you vote for your favorite and give a comment on at least one of the scripts (what worked for you, or what didn't, or any areas for improvement) - then you'll be entered into a prize draw for a gift card voucher!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris2.0 View Post
    Hi all,

We'll combine the two polls when done
    urrk... so if we voted in the other pole then no need to vote again..?

My understanding, after careful rereading, is that if you voted once you don't need to vote again. any new votes will be added in to the old poll... i think.

In the past ties were resolved by choosing whichever top vote getter was submitted first. So I'd be fine with Zep being declared the winner.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaun View Post
    My understanding, after careful rereading, is that if you voted once you don't need to vote again. any new votes will be added in to the old poll... i think.

In the past ties were resolved by choosing whichever top vote getter was submitted first. So I'd be fine with Zep being declared the winner.
    Meh... if we don't shift the tie then we go with "Deadlock" for the next theme then

( I'd be happier with more crits TBH, that's where the value is for me. Votes are nice but the crits are much better )

Agreed. Feedback is harder to come by than votes. I'm trying to only offer feedback to those who give it.

[SUPPORTER]
    Blog Entries
    Sorry, just waiting for the final OK from the PencilJack hisself to OK the wording of the script voting/feedback competition...

So yes, hoping to get more people giving crits, and voting.

And my understanding is the same as yours - the two threads will be merged by the ever-helpful mod Veritas71, lending a hand in the writing section...

And next time - we can maybe add a rule that in case of another tie - as suggested, the person that either gets voted first wins, or the person that suggests a theme first?

And also - we need to get a dedicated mod for the writing section... Any thoughts?

Still working on my feedback, and will just be offline for most of tomorrow as well - writing an exam at a testing center in the next town over from where I stay... Also moved house again over the last week - the joys of employer-provided accommodation and expiring leases...

So ok, then, those who did vote earlier are not supposed to vote again?
    For what it's worth, I can go with 'Deadlock' as a theme for the next competition--

gonna be offline for a fair chunk of the next week, seeing as a girl named Irma is visiting my neighborhood....

Quote Originally Posted by Centaur178 View Post
    So ok, then, those who did vote earlier are not supposed to vote again?
    For what it's worth, I can go with 'Deadlock' as a theme for the next competition--

gonna be offline for a fair chunk of the next week, seeing as a girl named Irma is visiting my neighborhood....

Yeah, I don't think we need to vote twice. Sounds like the first poll will be factored in.

Shall we go with Deadlock for next month?

Hope everything was okay with Irma btw! Looked rough out there.

And also - we need to get a dedicated mod for the writing section... Any thoughts?
    I feel like this is nominating someone for hunger games... this year's tribute from district 12 is Chris2.0! May the odds be ever in your favor.

[SUPPORTER]
    Blog Entries
    Yeah, Deadlock sounds good...

And also hoping all peeps in Irma's path are OK...

Speaking of Hunger Games - maybe we'll have a yearly competition, and then the loser gets to be mod..!

Quote Originally Posted by Chris2.0 View Post
    Yeah, Deadlock sounds good...

And also hoping all peeps in Irma's path are OK...

Speaking of Hunger Games - maybe we'll have a yearly competition, and then the loser gets to be mod..!
    DEADLOCK it is...

If I was the Mod I'm sure the power would instantly go to my head.