Thread: I draw comics on SMARTPHONE

I draw comics on SMARTPHONE

Welcome everyone.

I bought my smartphone Galaxy Note with stylus for making doodles and sketches.
    Some times later I realized that I have great art device which can fully replace my computer and tablet.
    With easy and cheap applications I can draw, edit and letter my comics.
    That's my pocket Wacom Cintiq : ) A true companion.

Is it easier to create comics on such a small screen comparing to computers and 10'1 inch tablets?

No. Deffinitely no.

But I can draw outdoor and everywhere. In a bus, restaurant, in a park, while I am waiting for someone. That's efficient!

Chapter 4 of my webcomics '' GLOOMY PRIEST '' is fully created on mobile. (Warning, contain violence)

Chapter 1 - https://goo.gl/NHJKgd
    Chapter 2 - https://goo.gl/OmPSJr
    Chapter 3 - https://goo.gl/xYLbhB
    Chapter 4 - https://goo.gl/do46f4 <--- I draw on smartphone.

Let me publish the process of making comics here
    And SUBSCRIBE my comics if you like it

Same here. I do a lot of preliminaries and even some final work on the phone while I am outside in waiting periods and so on.
    Only thing I don't like is you can't usually res up enough get crisp linework in the sketchbook apps available for the note3. But its great for doing layouts and thumbs as well as more sophisticated drawings and paintings when one has some hours to kill in the doctors waiting room. For final touches I still go to my trusty wacom. But if it wasnt for my phone a lot of work wouldn't even get started.

Keep pushing mate!
    "Censorship is legal vandalization of art" - Urban Dictionary
    |LHW Bottomfeeder|
    PJ Sketchblog
    petethacreepofficial

PUMMEL Mod [SUPPORTER]
    [Moderator]
    Those look great for being made on a phone - even the lettering?
    My Deviant Art page
    My PUMMEL stats
    PUMMEL stats: 61 wins | 58 losses | 31 KOs
    2 Time Heavyweight Champion
    Light Heavyweight Commissioner

Pete - I am glad I am not alone.
    Making full illustration or comicbook cover would be very dificult on a smartphone because of it's small screen.
    For that kind of work I use my 10'1 tablet.
    But for indie comics or simply webcomics, galaxy note smartphone is quite fine.

Juggertha - I also do lettering on smartphone. I recommend "PicSay Pro" app. Simply, fast and customizable.

Quote Originally Posted by markotny View Post
    Pete - I am glad I am not alone.
    Making full illustration or comicbook cover would be very dificult on a smartphone because of it's small screen.
    For that kind of work I use my 10'1 tablet.
    But for indie comics or simply webcomics, galaxy note smartphone is quite fine.

Juggertha - I also do lettering on smartphone. I recommend "PicSay Pro" app. Simply, fast and customizable.
    As long as you're comfortable, share a bit more of your workflow?

I usually use the sketchbook "galaxy" app that came preinstalled with the phone and use ps express for cropping and color touch ups, for example. I have tried a lot of sketching apps, but none came close to the convenience and reliability. Many crashed repeatedly or were ridden with bugs to point of being unusable for more than a skribble. To do panelgrids is possible but cumbersome, so I do panels as a single piece and then import them as layers to a new document.
    "Censorship is legal vandalization of art" - Urban Dictionary
    |LHW Bottomfeeder|
    PJ Sketchblog
    petethacreepofficial

I use sketchbook pro for android version 3.7.1
    Great app combined with others for image editing and lettering.

I also has a nice feature - timelapse recording.
    I did a short presentation on youtube

My Galaxy Note is a bit slow and old. But I have a galaxy note pro now!
    I use LayerPaint HD from the android store.
    Simple to use with great rulers. But the manual is google translated from Japanese.
    I was surprised how easy it is to paint on it. The pen is great. The app creator responded to all my questions. Not sure how it compares to other apps though cause it is all I have used with the android.
    michaelsammler.tumblr.com

I heard lots of artists recommend LayerPaint HD. You may also like Artflow - nice interface and some useful effects.
    Meanwhile I'd like to show my newest movie - "drawing panel 2"

Last edited by markotny; 07-15-2017 at 12:54 PM. Reason: wrong link